Blood and Doom: A WoD version of Conan.

Jahydin

Hero
I ran across this free, 500+ page "Conan like" game from Modiphius and had to share.

It looks like a solid game with great artwork. Reminded me of WoD since it uses a d10 dice pool for resolutions.

If the premise seems interesting and you have some time, give it a look and let me know what you think!
1680955859512.png

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I downloaded it. Feels like a dated design, from the days when it was all about system complexity for dedicated gamers. Here's the summary of the dice mechanic:

(I never actually played a single WoD game, so if this is the core mechanic I don't recognize it.)

20+ years ago I was into fiddly systems like that. (Long live Rolemaster!) I've just come to the conclusion that complexity and detail are not necessary for, and may even impede, the kind of RPGing I like.

But I assume there are people who still enjoy that, and this game is targeted at them.
It's a further complication of the core mechanic, which was to roll a number of dice determined by your skill level, and the number of successes was the number of dice over the difficulty level of the task. (So if you had to do a Computer roll with difficulty 7, every 7, 8, 9, or 10 counted as a success, and if you had more points in Computer you would get more successes.) 1 counted as a botch, but successes canceled out botches. I think they got it from Shadowrun?

Jahydin

Hero
20+ years ago I was into fiddly systems like that. (Long live Rolemaster!) I've just come to the conclusion that complexity and detail are not necessary for, and may even impede, the kind of RPGing I like.
I always wanted to play Rolemaster, but there's so many different versions and I was never sure which one to commit to.

And what happened with the latest edition? Did they lose the rights to all their old artwork or something?

Remove ads