Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Aye. Save your legs, Boog. I'll round up those mules."
Boog halted, nonplussed. He decided to add vermin to his list of least favored enemies, which included mindless undead and monks with the power to deflect crossbow bolts.

Patlin

Explorer
It takes about an hour for the party to round up all of the scattered animals.

Brother E takes an additional 3 points of Dexterity damage, Julianna escapes further damage.

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]OUCH! I hope you don't want Eusebius to actually do anything for the next fortnight? 10 points of Dex damage really hurts. :(

Seriously, -5 to AC makes him a total liability in melee - and -5 on his ranged attack rolls means he's not much chop with them, either!

Now he could travel - there's nothing, mechanically, to prevent that - but it's a fair bet that the nearer we get to our goal, the more frequent and demanding become the encounters. On the other hand, if we've got weeks of travel ahead of us, and you're content for him to take a back seat in encounters, then let's keep going. If not, at least a day of full rest would be helpful for the double Dex damage healed. (I don't suppose anybody else has Heal skills?)[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
One possibility, if you are willing to spend money, would be to stop at a healer for some lesser restoration. If you push ahead hard, you should hit Rivenblight by tomorrow night.

Knowledge(Local) or Knowledge(Geography) DC 12
[sblock]While Rivenblight appears on the map as a large city, it was overrun by drow, goblins and assorted monsters about 300 years ago. Might want to avoid stopping there...[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Patlin said:
One possibility, if you are willing to spend money, would be to stop at a healer for some lesser restoration. If you push ahead hard, you should hit Rivenblight by tomorrow night.

Knowledge(Local) or Knowledge(Geography) DC 12
[sblock]While Rivenblight appears on the map as a large city, it was overrun by drow, goblins and assorted monsters about 300 years ago. Might want to avoid stopping there...[/sblock]
OOC:
Eusebius has neither of those skills, so it's up to somebody else to make the connection.

Of course, if we don't push ahead hard but just at our normal pace, he'll still benefit from a couple of night's sleep. :)

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin also has no knowledge about such events, nor has he any means to make Brother E's life easier at the moment.

ooc: Talbin has been approved for level 2.. huray!

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan brings back the mules. He enjoys this work, simple animal hearding, as he has done in his youth. A nice break from deadly combat.

When he learns of the extent of Eusebius' injury, Rowan is concerned. "Cursed, overgrown bugs.... Still, we can't afford to stop moving, not unless you want to deal with a werewolf. You can still cast spells. We'll make sure you get some good night's rests. Maybe we can find a healer in the next city."

OOC: Rowan has neither of those skills either.

Boddynock

First Post
"Very well," says Eusebius, "let us go on."

He stands up and, swaying, makes his way towards his mule. Stumbling over pebbles, he steadies himself on the creature's bridle and prepares to mount.

"Some would call such retreat from the battlefield and one's companions cowardice," he mumbles to the beast. "I, however, bearing the marks of this battle, am more inclined to applaud your good sense."

He begins to bow but nearly overbalances and contents himself with a nod. Then he hauls himself into the saddle - more like a sack of potatoes than the graceful warrior of just an hour ago.

"I am ready," he says to his companions. "I will keep my prayers in reserve, should we run into further trouble."

"And I'll sleep well tonight!" he mutters to himself.

Remove ads