Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
It's starting to get dark when you reach the top of a hill and catch your first glance of Rivenblight. Looking down on the place, it seems to have been the victim of some sort of disaster. The earth appears to have been rent in two in the midst of the city, with potions having been heaved violently up into the air. There's a large chasm cutting through the city, plunged into perpetual darkness. At the top of the chasm, the buildings are at odd angles, and many of them are clearly damaged. The architectural style is elven, but the great rip in the landscape seems ominous.

Manzanita

First Post
"Um..." Rowan's distrust and dislike of large cities is only intensified by this grotesque sight. "Let's see. Eusebius, do we really need to go here, or are you up for continuing? How about the rest of you?"

Patlin

Explorer
Punctuating Rowan's comment, an unearthly howl can be heard in the distance.

You're not sure that Rivenblight can be accurately described as "civilization."

Patlin

Explorer
Somewhat nervously, the party travells closer to the city. It's larger than it first appeared, as the buildings are decorated in a variety of natural shapes and at first glance do not appear to be buildings at all. The damaged buildings at the lip of the chasm are more apparent, as the artistry inherent in their form was apparently greatly dissrupted in the disaster.

As it gets darker, lights go on all around the city. If you didn't know you were looking at a city, you might mistake it for a forest flooded with multicolored fireflies.

B4cchus

Explorer
Shocked by the city's uneartly (or unearthed) appearance Talbin falls quite silent (quite unusual for the little guy) and draws closer to the rest of the group. Ina soft voice he asks "Is it really a good idea to go there?"
If the party moves on, he straightens his shoulders and checks his weapons and thinks to himself: OK, You can do this. It is a big city after all, nothing you can't handle.

El Jefe

First Post
B4cchus said:
Ina soft voice he asks "Is it really a good idea to go there?"
At first, Boog was fascinated by the sight of the strange city. Then he noticed his companion's unease at the unearthly quality of its appearance. He found this amusing; with all these minds gathered in one place, he'd be much more useful than he was back at the fight with the wasps. "If I had Powers that didn't fade", he thought, "I could live like a king here." Not that he'd do something like that, even if he could. That would lower him to the level of them. But it was a possibility, and such things were sometimes interesting to consider.

Boddynock

First Post
"I can go on, although I will need to rest soon. But are we going to avoid this place because some disaster seems to have befallen it? They may have need of our help. Still, if it is dangerous in some way, I will be of little help in facing the danger into which my need leads us. And we, ourselves, have need to travel speedily."

[sblock=OOC]So, did no-one have the requisite skills to attempt a check for the information Patlin offered to us before?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Boddynock said:
[sblock=OOC]So, did no-one have the requisite skills to attempt a check for the information Patlin offered to us before?[/sblock]

ooc: Just as well. Further rummaging around for information on Rivenblight suggests the hidden info was so incomplete as to be basically false, anyway. :)

Bront

The man with the probe
"If you are unwell and unsuited for combat, you should find some healing here if you can, but I think wasting time in this dump beyond that is pointless," Juliana says.

[sblock=OOC]FYI, the NWN2 booth was less than impressive, or at least from what I saw of it. Wasn't that much better than Dungeon Siege II or NWN graphics at least. Didn't get time to do much more than look.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads