• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bloodcove Disguise

udalrich

First Post
"Fear not, Raynucio! Your foes shall soon fall!" shouts Syldar as she moves into position for a clear shot. She draws another arrow, which flies toward the pirate next to Raynucio.

[sblock="Actions"]If necessary, move to be within 30 feet of a pirate attacking Raynucio and have a clear shot. I don't think there is a target that is not in melee, so I'm including the -4 penalty on the attack role.

Std: Shoot an arrow at the most injured pirate attacking Raynucio. If they are all dead, shoot the most injured pirate still standing.[/sblock]

[sblock="Status"]
AC (/touch/FF): 16/13/13
Hit Points: 14/14
Saves (F/R/W): +0/+6/+2
Bardic music used: 0/8
Spells cast: 1: 0/3
Current effects: -
[/sblock]

galahad0430

First Post
Three more pirates drop and the last two attempt to sell their lives dearly. The one by Raynucio yells, "Stay down, damn you!" and swings at him. The other one 5' steps to Chaucer and swings at him.

OOC: Man Raynucio, its just like my character in the other game. my AC was at 22 and they were hitting me like I was naked.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Frost flies across the battlefield to another foe and once more swings her heirloom greatsword to excellent effect, this time slamming it into the pirate's hip.

[sblock=Actions]Move: to the nearest available target
Standard: Attack (1d20+7=21) for (2d6+5=11) Damage.[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry, jackslate - I figured between being insulted and being in her rage Frost wouldn't be much in the mood for granting quarter.

galahad0430

First Post
[sblock=ooc]With only one pirate left and everyone getting an attack, I'll call it here.[/sblock]

The short, but violent fight ends almost as abruptly as it started. Looking around you see that Marhvokos's men have taken down the other pirates, but at a cost. One of his men is obviously dead while another is unconscious and seriously wounded. Marhvokos walks up to Lohgrin's body and prods his corpse with his boot.

"You always were a stupid son of a whore, Lohgrin. I'm surprised you kept a boat and crew as long as this."

He waves his hat back and forth over his head to signal his ship. The pirate ship is unfurling it's sails clumsily and it doesn't take an expert to tell that it seems to be undermanned.

Turning to you he smiles and says, "The fool took too many of his crew here and now they pay the price. That ship will belong to someone else before the next moon is full."

"Well, I hope that bit of fun hasn't soured you on my ship, we should be able to get to Sangre without trouble. I am really only vulnerable when beached, the Sprite can outrun just about anyone on the Inner Sea."

OOC: You can all check the 1st post to see your XP totals and gold received, but so you know here, you each get 400XP and 50gp of coin and equipment from the dead pirates. Also, my first fight so I hope I didn't rush anyone too much and I will be more careful before posting so as not to make that hp mistake again :).

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio retrieves Capitas and begins to execute the pirates that still breath. "Leaving these vermin alive would only require the villagers to bloody their hands instead. And I was a headsman after all. Let Capitas do what it was made to do."

Once done he collects his scabbards and reattaches them to his belt before sheathing his swords.

"Now lead on Captain, and show us how fleet your Sea Sprite is."

OOC: Woot! Raynucio should be 2nd level in 8 days just from time XP brilliant!

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As the last pirate falls, the brightness fades from the world and Kalinn's eyes return to their normal ice-blue. She sags in weariness, barely managing to keep Hafísbíta's tip from falling to the sand as she looks around wildly for the rest of the pirates. What just happened to me? She looks on in confusion as the merchants see to their wounded and Raynucio cleans his blades. Is it over? How did the rest of the pirates die?

Once her fatigue fades somewhat she uses a bit of cloth from a pirate shirt to clean her blade and slides it home in its sheath. As she joins the others, her usual casually alert expression is replaced by one of troubled confusion.

jackslate45

First Post
Mowgli: It was more a foretelling of victory if anything. with 2 left, and 4 heavy hitters, we had won lol.

galahad:That had to be one of the fastest fights ever in the history of pbp. Started, and ended, with two rounds, in a single day. Good Job.

Aradra, though disliking killing the downed soldiers, had to agree with Raynucio. However, his pressing concern was with the first solider he killed.

Going over, he started field stripping his clothes. Noticing that they were a decent fit for him, he threw them into his backpack before turning to Marhvokos.

"We need to dispose of these bodies. Do you have anything to weigh down the feet?"
Aradra inquiers, his head jerking towards the ocean.

Actions: So, instead of just stealing the clothes, can i pay for it from the reward? I figure Aradra's normal clothes would stand out in a pirate town...

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer watches as the last pirate falls, and breathes a sigh of relief. It didn't take long, but the battle was intense. Walking to Marhvokos, Chaucer extends a hand of introduction. "I am Chaucer Tarsi, and I am glad to see you are still alive. I see one of your men is wounded, can I be of assistance?"

As he heads toward the fallen sailor, he calls out to the rest of the party, "Going to Sangre del Sol, we must be a bit more subtle then on this beach. I wonder, Sangre del Sol is run by the brotherhood right? Perhaps appearing in the port on a pirate ship might help confuse the brotherhood from our original mission no?"

[Sblock]Will use a charge of CLW on the fallen sailer if Marhovokos approves, otherwise, I will just walk over and watch as the other sailers attend the fallen. Once the sailers, both fallen and wounded are taken care of, will join in searching the bodies.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads