Bloodcove Disguise

jackslate45

First Post
Having been the first time Aradra was at a Lord's Manor, he felt the obvious influences of money. He couldn't help but stare everywhere walking up to the manor, and after being greeted by the servants, he started to feel a little uneasy.

However, once inside he was able to focus himself. Coming onto the veranda, his face is back to his normal poker face. He spots both Mandalo and Raynucio, and goes up to shake his hand with Frederick again.

"Aradra Longstrider. Thank you for the opportunity to help."
With a smile, he will go take a small portion of food, and start eating.

OCC: I have no problems being NPCd. If Ararda can full round attack to get the benefit of Rapid Shot he will, otherwise move and shoot. And with precice shot he has no problem shooting into melee.

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: Ok, maquise has mentioned that he might not be able to post so I will begin the initial briefing when I get home around 5 PM EST. The others can read when they log on and I will give a day or so for the Q&A part with Frederick. Then off we go!

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer walks through the gates to a stately Venzian Manor. He enjoys the short walk, and when the manor house comes into view he stops for a moment and sizes up the place. Nice, but I have seen better, like the Count Jokulna's summer home on the Eastern Coast... now that is a manner He says to himself as he continues walking.

Walking inside, he is greeted by a older gentleman. Chaucer shakes the mans hand and says, rather exuberantly Good afternoon my good man! My name is Chaucer Tarsi, and I presume the master of the house has been expecting me. Once the servant leads him within sight of the veranda, Chaucer slips his hand into his pouch and pulls out a silver piece and hands it to the servant, Thank you kind sir, but I can find my way from here.

Chaucer enters the veranda and walks straight to Frederick and gives a grand sweeping bow. I am Chaucer Tarsi, Warrior Poet, and I am eager to lend whatever aid I can to this venture. Before settling in, he walks to each of his other comrades and shakes their hand, pats their back and greets them warmly. Then taking a seat next to Aradra, he begins to fill his plate. Taking a light helping of meat, he piles his plate high with fruits and vegetables. Sipping the wine, he announces with a smile, This is a grand feast, to mark the beginning of a grand adventure!

OOC: I am in the Eastern Time Zone, and my schedule is pretty flexible. I normally don't struggle to get on once a day, but when it will happen will probably be up in the air. Sunday's are especially hectic for me, so if I am holding up things because I haven't posted on the weekend, I have no problems with delaying my actions, and if it is a critical moment, then feel free to NPC me.

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
As the group finally settles down at the table, Frederick stands and addresses them.
"Thank you all for coming," he says,"First, let me introduce Magister Brunico." he waves a hand indicating the other man seated at the table.
"He will be the one that gets you to Sangre del Sol."
Clapping his hand together he begins,"Now, as they say, time to get to the meat fo the situation. Our expedition that is in the jungles outside of Sangre has been beseiged by several tribes of Charua-Ka, apemen that inhabit that wilderness, normally they are a nuisance, but this is the first time they have banded together and sustained an attack."
Frederick sits down again and sips his wine,"Our dig site has been cut off for a month now and they desperately need supplies. As of this moment, they have enough supplies remaining for about three more weeks. What we need you to do is go to Sangre, procure the needed supplies and arrange a caravan to transport them to the site."
He looks around the table and continues, "There is a caravan master there by the name of Raimondo Scevola who we have already contracted with to move the supplies. You should contact him when you arrive. As for the supplies, your best source would probably be with House Cartahegn. We have had many dealings with them before and they are the least likely to cheat you."
Frederick pauses a moment and adds, "There is also another task we wish you to see to. We have a secret contact in Sangre that supplies us with alchemical supplies as well as keeping us informed of events in the town. He owns a potion shop and his name is Senzer Rulkep. He has not been heard from since the camp was cut off and we wish you to find any information you can as to his situation."

Frederick leans back in his chair and gives the group a chance to digest the information he has given them before he enlightens them with the catch.
"Unfortunately, as straight forward as the tasks seem, there is a slight complication. Sangre del Sol is run by the Brotherhood, essentially a band of pirate captains that really only exert any influence in the town itself and not much more. However, their rule in the town is rather absolute and we are not interested in them learning of our site. Therefore, it will be neccessary for your group to maintain a low profile. Posing as a merchant and his guards is probably your best bet, but your methods are yours to choose as long as you can keep free from Brotherhood involvement."
Looking satisfied, Frederick finishes with, "So please ask any questions now and I will endeavor to answer them."

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Ardara speaks up as soon as Frederick was finished, "You say they have 3 weeks of supplies left. How long will it takes us to get to Sangre del Sol?"

galahad0430

First Post
Looking at Ardara, Frederick responds, "That is where Magister Brunico comes in. He will teleport you to a place on the Inner Sea where you will be met by a boat in our employ. From there you will sail into Sangre, thus maintaining your cover. The boat journey will only be three days. The caravan will take about a week to get to the dig site. that leaves you a little over a week in Sangre to accomplish your tasks."

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer squirms at the mention of pirates but moves past it. As Frederick explains the role of Brunico, Chaucer bows his head and says, It is an honor to meet you Magister. Turning to Frederick, he asks the question that has aroused his curiosity and engaged his imagination all night. I have no love for pirates, and have a reputation among the pirates who claim the River Ouhm as their home, however, I am sure I can put aside my hatred, and focus on the task at hand. Speaking of which, may I inquire as to the extent of the dig? How many men are working at the site, and what are they digging for? Just to understand the size and extent of the caravan that we will need to procure and hide from the Brotherhood's roving gaze, of course. Chaucer picks up a plump strawberry from his plate as he looks for Frederick for a few answers.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio listens intently scowling as he hears they are to be transported by magic, but saying nothing until their hosts have finished.

"I trust you wish this "Ape Man" seige terminated? And indeed if we are to break through it with supplies it would seem we must do so, what can you tell us about the creatures? In my experience everything dies fast enough with a hard enough application of Capitas,"
he pats the hilt of one of the great falchions at his side. "But knowing ones enemy is generally prudent."

galahad0430

First Post
To Chaucer, Frederick responds, "The site is in a hilly region of the jungle and they have about 100 people there. Of course, that number has dwindled some with their casaulties. They are excavating a strange ruin."
At this point the Magister interrupts, "Frederick, the key?"
"Ah yes," Frederick exclaims, "I almost forgot."
He produces a wrapped bundle that he opens on the table. Revealed is what appears to be a large strangely shaped key.
"The expedition uncovered a pair of large metal doors that have so far resisted all mundane and magical attempts to open. Magister Brunico was able to recognize the rubbings from the doors from another site where this key was recovered. We need you to bring this key to Julis, the expedition commander. It is critical that she get this."

galahad0430

First Post
"Lord Vega, to answer your question, the Charua-Ka are just as the locals describe them, apemen. They do not invest the site like a normal seige, but instead attack it several times a week. Individuals and small groups can sometimes make it through, but any large group will be attacked." He pauses a moment then says, "If it were not for the find at the site we would have evacuated. The dome they unncovered has begun pulsing with some strange magics ever since the Charua-Ka have begun attacking. This magic interferes and prevents any type of teleportation magics in a large area, the extent of which we have yet to determine."

Remove ads