Bloodcove Disguise

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Hold off a minute WD hasn't put his loot from his adventure in the Pearl yet and he had a Cure Light Wand(25 charges) to be added[/sblock]

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer straightens up after talking to Raynucio, bows one more time, and sweeps out of the room.

He heads through the city, in the direction of the Mystic Pearl, treating children with small tricks, and complimenting men and women alike as he goes. A sense of purpose, a sense of destiny even, fills Chaucer and his mannerisms reflect it.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio nods curtly to all present and heads back to the Dunn Wright Inn. Once there he drinks white wine, sharpens his array of weaponary until they are all razor edged, scowls, and eats a gnomes body weight in red meat before retiring to bed.

The next day the giant noble returns bright and early to the mansion arriving with the dawn, and informing a servant he will be in the gardens. Once there he begins to practice performing an array of strokes with his falchions each a hundred times until sweat pours down his brow, then unslinging his massive hammer and beginning again...

OOC: NP Cahucer, looks like it turned out alright! Though we should give Raynucio's wand to someone else if Chaucer is carrying that one - its always good to know more people have a cure ready to go in an emergency - maybe Aradra or Mandalo, they can both use it.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer walks to the estate in the morning wearing a new leather coat, red scarf and belt. His outfit now more resembles an adventurer familiar with travels at sea then the clean and slightly gaudy outfit he had on before. He follows a different servant than the day before through Frederick's estate and is led out to the gardens. After tipping the man a silver and wishing his family well, he walks into the garden where Raynucio is training.

He sprawls out on the lawn near a hedgerow and watches the big man dance from stance to stance with one weapon, then another weapon, and then another. Raynucio, you are very well trained, and very impressive in form, I have no doubt that your might on the battlefield will be worthy of the history books. I look forward to composing a chapter of your story. He turns over his bag, and unhooks the djembe drum and sets it between his legs and begins to pound out a rhythm that seems to flow with the warrior's movements.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Rayncuio - looking flattered despite himself - scowls at the bard, "I follow the style invented by the greatest of my Noble ancestors, Hernando Vega. Venza's greatest general, he slew the Sahaguin Pirate King Ulgak Sixblades in single combat, and when the city was being despoiled by that ancient malevolent Wyrm Kargath Nightscale he paid of the dragon with a horde of gold soaked in poison and so slew the unkillable greatest of dragons."

He raises Capitas his beautiful falchion reverently, "He had this sword, Capitas, forged when his enemies had him appointed cities executioner in his youth, a position he turned into an honor, and legend says his spirit resides within this blade."

Then Raynucio's face almost handsome for a moment as his eyes shine with reflected glory contorts once more into his normal arrogant mask.

"But the blade was broken in the fire that took my family and my home, who knows if his spirit survived its reforging? Certainly its old magics did not. And I was dismissed as Venza's headsman..." Raynucio's gaze suddenly darts to the bard as if only now recalling he is present. "But I will win back my families honor if it requires a sea of blood to do so."

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: I will give those that did not get to ask Frederick any questions a chance today to ask again. Still have not heard from Mowgli or Udalrich.

jackslate45

First Post
"Not all honor can be returned though killing, Raynucio. Some honor can only be regained after years of understanding."

Aradra appears, following a servant. Nodding towards the servant as he turns to leave, Aradra continues to speak to the young ex-noble. "You may be being tested by Hernando now, and his departure from the blade is to test your right to earn the title Vega. Everyone has a challenge they must conquer in life."

Turning to Chaucer Aradra continues "And it seems that you have improved your performance since you last played. I hope that the poison is all out now?"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Ha, honor is for children. I seek only to win back my families wealth and influence. The Vega's will be true Scarlotti once more and our foes will soil their small clothes at the thought of crossing us." Raynucio growls, his lips tightening as he resumes his routine even more furiously, obviously not having been aware of Aradra's presence, and ignoring the contradictions between his own statements.

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra smiles but says nothing. He sets his pack down, and sits down next to it. His eyes close, and he sits there in silence, listening to the beating of the drum, and the workout of Raynucio as he waits for the others to show up.

Remove ads