• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bloodcove Disguise

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Looks like those numbers are correct, galahad. Not sure where I got the extra I mentioned. Working on leveling Kalinn now; I should have her finished up fairly soon.

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: I will wait until after this weekend for everyone to level up their characters. As of now, you have completed the tasks that Frederick assigned. All that is left is to meet up with Raimondo tomorrow morning and head out with the carvan to the expition site. You also have time in the town today for any purchases you need to make. Any mundane equipment you buy today at House Cartahegn gets a 10% discount.

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: I assume everyone went back to the inn after the House Cartagehn encounter. I will subtract the cost of your stay from the funds received. Also, any purchases let me know about.

After a good nights rest, your group leaves the inn and heads to the caravan's staging area which is located by the docks. You pass through the marketplace which is already busy even at this early hour and cross the dock area (also busy). Pass the dock area you can see the open field which is used to load caravans and beyond that the jungle.

OOC: everyone make perception checks please.

galahad0430

First Post
As your group nears the end of the dock area, the crowd suddenly surges away from you. Both Raynucio, who is busy glowering people out of your path, and Syldar are completely surprised. Aradra's reflexes allow him to react somewhat (You will not be considered flatfooted after your initiative count in the surprise round, but you get no action in the surprise round). The rest of you (Kalinn, Chaucer, and Mandalo) see four men with crossbows rise from behind crates in front of you. In addition, just before they pop up, Kalinn notices a figure by the stall behind your group drink a potion and vanish (This gives Kalinn a +4 bonus to initiative).

OOC: The four "guards" (Kalinn, Ray, Aradra, and Mandalo) are considered to have their weapons out and ready. Everyone roll initiative.

Attachments

• ambush SURPRISE RD.JPG
    ambush SURPRISE RD.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads