• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Blue Max Studios] From a Future Stranger then Fiction...

Blue Max Studios

First Post
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif] “People use the think that the Singularity would bring humanity enlightenment. They used to think the world was flat, too.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif] The Black Desert is a campaign setting compatible with Open D6: Space. Players can be humans, AIs, or even intelligent primates. They travel in search of fun and profit through an Inner Solar System full of asteroid colonies, terraformed planets, Dyson swarms, ravenous nano-colonies, and kinetic kill drones left over from the Great Space War. In short, the science fiction is hard, but the rules are easy.[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif] The Black Desert is set in the early 23rd century. All the wonders of the previous age have come to pass- Fusion powered spaceships travel between the hundreds of asteroid colonies between Earth and the successfully terraformed Mars, each populated by a mix of humans, trans-humans, AIs and intelligent primates. While scarcity, aging and disease as we know them are all but gone, the resulting social upheavals lead to massive interplanetary war, ecological devastation on Terra, and the loss of half the colonies in the inner system. Now, like the ex-patriots of the 1920’s, post-war humanity is enjoying a renaissance in art and culture as veterans of the Great Space War embrace life and freedom and take to the black desert of space in search of adventure, profit, and their lost innocence. [/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif] In The Black Desert, Players can:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif]Dodge Kinetic Kill Drones and Nano-colonies between Asteroid settlements in the Inner Systems,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif]Reestablish contact and trade with colonies isolated by the War, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif]Loot the frozen tundra of an abandoned Euorpe[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif]Negotiate with the trans-human Dysonites in a remote controlled robot body,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif]Learn the art of FreeBrawl from the nearly unstoppable Lunarias,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif]And so much more![/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif] This game is currently in development and we expect to release sometime in the spring of 2011 (official release dates TBA). It will be available via PDF from DriveThruRPG.com immediately upon release and in hard-copy closer toward summer.

Currently, we have a series of Hard SF spacecraft deckplans already available These are released monthly around the 16th.

You can follow our progress and make comment and/or suggestions on our blog.

Updates of new releases will be posted here, as well as developmental updates, so keep checking back periodically.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Blue Max Studios

First Post
Barsoom-class Airship Officially on Sale!

After a frustrating day of shopping and a long night of last-minute layouts, The Barsoom is posted on-line and ready to go! I am pleased with how it turned out. I'll admit that there are a few rough edges; this beauty was the first project that I did in GIMP, so there was a learning curve. Still, with every completed project I learn more and find ways to increase my production values and streamline my design process.

The good news is, about half of the work for the January offering is already done. It ties into my article in the OpenD6 Magazine, which is why so much is already done. This means that I can relax and enjoy the holidays (and my birthday) without worrying about being ready come Jan 16th.

Anyway,check out the boat, and enjoy!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads