• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bluff to Hide and Chameleon

Caragaran

First Post
Hi,

I have Just reached lvl 6 with my Delightful, Backstabbing, Muderous Psychopath and was wondering about Bluff to Hide (BtH) and the lvl 6 rogue utility Chameleon. Would using BtH (obviously passing the bluff test, then the hide check) allow you to use Chameleon to stay hidden when it is the end of your round, by making another succesful hide check?

So for example three thugs block the alley way swinging clubs and looking happy to relieve you of your worldly goods (or all the monsters in an encounter turn around and target me). Could I BtH distracting them then chameleon and just disappear, essentially giving me one round to scale the wall jump over thier heads or expertly weave inbetween them as they search for me, blah blah blah.

I use bluff a lot to create combat advantage(with low slash) and as a tiefling:devil: the skill is quite good. So this would be a nice get out of jail free card in a sticky moment.:D

Anathos

First Post
Hi,

I have Just reached lvl 6 with my Delightful, Backstabbing, Muderous Psychopath and was wondering about Bluff to Hide (BtH) and the lvl 6 rogue utility Chameleon. Would using BtH (obviously passing the bluff test, then the hide check) allow you to use Chameleon to stay hidden when it is the end of your round, by making another succesful hide check?

So for example three thugs block the alley way swinging clubs and looking happy to relieve you of your worldly goods (or all the monsters in an encounter turn around and target me). Could I BtH distracting them then chameleon and just disappear, essentially giving me one round to scale the wall jump over thier heads or expertly weave inbetween them as they search for me, blah blah blah.

I use bluff a lot to create combat advantage(with low slash) and as a tiefling:devil: the skill is quite good. So this would be a nice get out of jail free card in a sticky moment.:D
No. Bluff doesn't grant you any concealment or cover, so there's nothing for you to lose to trigger Chameleon. Also, you do know that Low Slash only deals bonus damage if you're Flanking, right? Simple Combat Advantage isn't enough.

Caragaran

First Post
Yes I know It doesnt get bonus damage without flank, but sometimes you just can't get combat advantage any other way. Like in the last session where some teifling heretic was teleporting every round (there was 2 of them and some construct) so flanking it was impossible but it teleported (away from the barbarian) then I bluffed it low slashed it then used an AP (with Slaying action) and killed her dead.

As to chameleon I sort of agree but with the interpretation but then I could in theory after a succeful BtH I just move to cover (a curtain, table or corner etc) and then if the monster at the end of my turn revealed me as behind the cover it would trigger my chameleon?

Anathos

First Post
As to chameleon I sort of agree but with the interpretation but then I could in theory after a succeful BtH I just move to cover (a curtain, table or corner etc) and then if the monster at the end of my turn revealed me as behind the cover it would trigger my chameleon?
If you're behind cover then you don't need Chameleon to stay hidden. If on the monster's turn it moved into a position where you no longer have cover from it, then Chameleon comes into play.

Remove ads