• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bo9S: Extra Damage from Maneuvers/Stances

Pasus Nauran

First Post
I could be blind, but I didn't find the answer to this in the book itself.

Question: Does the extra damage granted from a stance such as "Punishing Stance" (+1d6 damage) or a maneuver such as "Mountain Hammer" (+2d6 damage) get multiplied on critical hits and such?

Last edited:

Bad Paper

First Post
Pasus Nauran said:
Does the extra damage granted from a stance such as "Punishing Stance" (+1d6 damage) or a maneuver such as "Mountain Hammer" (+2d6 damage) get multiplied on critical hits and such?
Extra dice damage is never multiplied.

And what is this Bo7S you mention? Like a draft version of the Bo9S?

Pasus Nauran

First Post
Bad Paper said:
Extra dice damage is never multiplied.

And what is this Bo7S you mention? Like a draft version of the Bo9S?

Oops, my bad (I hate Mondays).

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Victim

First Post
1: Extra damage dice aren't multiplied.

2: Damage bonuses from Strikes aren't multiplied on critical hits even if they aren't extra dice. Check the section on strikes in the rules for manuevers (not the chapter on specific manuevers, the one before that).

castro3nw

First Post
Bo9S pg. 43 said:
You do not multiply extra damage from a strike with a successful critical hit. You treat it just as you would extra damage from another special ability, such as sneak attack.

Pretty much what everyone else said.. But with the page number included.

Doug Sundseth

First Post
Just a note to say that as I read this, damage from a strike that replaces the regular weapon damage is not (arguably may not be) "extra damage" for the purpose of this rule.

Arkhandus

First Post
Of course, that's only the case with Insightful Strike and Greater Insightful Strike. Their damage won't be multiplied because it's ALL replaced with the IS or GIS damage. Critical hit or no, it doesn't matter to IS or GIS. You still just deal your Concentration check (or 2x it for GIS) in damage. Not that that isn't fairly impressive by itself.

Doug Sundseth

First Post
There's more than those. See, for example, "Fan the Flames" (Desert Wind Strike, 3rd level). Ranged touch attack for 6d6 fire damage. As I read that, it would do 12d6 on a confirmed natural 20.

Remove ads