Board Game Suggestions

aco175

Legend
Played DC Deck Heroes a few times over the last couple months. Found it easy to learn and fun to play.

1673044117737.png

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I got exposed to various railroad games a long time ago. At first, I played out of camaraderie. But after a few sessions, I got into them. I eventually bought Iron Dragon. (I need to get the older versions with other maps.)

I invested a bunch of money getting RoboRally and its expansions. Good, clean fun, but occasionally frustrating and long. It goes in and out of production, so it may not be an option.

I’m a big fan of the various incarnations of Acquire, but it may not be a good game for kids. Might be a tad dry & abstract.

I haven’t played Wingspan, but I saw some posts by people who have, and it looked solid. And pretty!

A really good family card game is Waterworks. All you have to do is build a working water faucet…but other players can screw you over.

I’m also a big fan of the old dark comedic game Nuclear War.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
For a cooperative game I suggest Pandemic. Spirit island is fun but it's pretty complex even for seasoned boardgaming adults. Pandemic is very streamlined to play, is challenging, and is one of my few 10/10 games.

For a competitive game I recommend Space Base. I have played this with 8 year old children and my 80 year old mom. Its a great design that always has something for you to do in the game, even on other people's turns. I also havent had anyone say they didn't like it, with a lot of rare guest occasional gamers specifically requesting to play it again. Also 10/10.

Remove ads