• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Board Games - Anyone Interested?

Krizzel

First Post
I just bought myself a couple nice games over the holiday, along with a couple I already have, and I'd like to get a chance to actually play them! It's difficult to find people to agree to sit down for them, especially with things like Twilight Imperium that go on and on.

So, is anyone interested in playing some board games here? I'm willing to keep track of the board for any of the games I've got (to be the coordinator, of sorts). We'd have to make some changes (mostly playing with any action-type cards face up), but I don't think it will affect play too much. Unfortunately I think most of these require everyone to have a copy of the game.

Twilight Imperium 2nd Edition (with Hope's End expansion)
Risk 2210 AD
Axis & Allies Europe
Cave Troll
King's Gate

Another thing that needs to be addressed is how we'd do dice rolls, but that can be discussed.

Krizzel

First Post
KitanaVorr said:
I suppose I can help and play myself :p since I have access to Krizzel and his games.:eek: :p ;) :D

Umm... :D

Sounds good to me. Who else wants to play? There must be some wargamers out there!

garyh

First Post
I'm interested, but am only familiar with regular and LotR Risk rules, and none of the games actually on the list. And, um, I don't own any of those games either.

Dang - I think I may just have to pass on a game. :eek:

:D

Krizzel

First Post
garyh said:
I'm interested, but am only familiar with regular and LotR Risk rules, and none of the games actually on the list. And, um, I don't own any of those games either.

Dang - I think I may just have to pass on a game. :eek:

:D

Arrgh! Nooo! I must play my board games.

Hmm, well...I don't think Risk 2210 is too different than regular, other than the inclusion of commanders and extra zones, well, and the addition of cards that actually do something. Not sure though as I've only glanced at the rules.

How's the LOTR Risk? I saw that but I haven't managed to acquire it. Yet.

Krizzel

First Post
I suppose I should also say that Kings Gate and Cave Troll are small board games from FFG (about vying for political control of a city, and about trying to control as much of a Troll's dungeon as possible, respectively). They might be playable without the game, as the boards are small and the rules are only two pages worth. Again I haven't looked at them very much, having only just got them last week while on vacation.

We played Twilight Imperium (lasting a few hours I guess, and not to completion - they simply capitulated to me), and after that no one wanted to play any more board games! Sissies. I didn't even get to battle anyone, much less conquer their star systems mercilessly.

garyh

First Post
Krizzel said:
Arrgh! Nooo! I must play my board games.

Hmm, well...I don't think Risk 2210 is too different than regular, other than the inclusion of commanders and extra zones, well, and the addition of cards that actually do something. Not sure though as I've only glanced at the rules.

How's the LOTR Risk? I saw that but I haven't managed to acquire it. Yet.

LotR Risk has the commanders and useful cards, and the ME map, of course. I played it twice at my g/f's family's place (her brother got it for Hanukkah). Good game.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Our gaming group is big with the board games, but pretty much casual play - "beer and pretzels", as they are described.

But I have an entire closet full, and strangely, none of the ones you mention.

I think for legendary wargaming, especially with a fantasy element, a game that's right up an online-playing alley would be Titan.

I even think there is an online version of it out there, though I haven't ventured into playing it, even though it's almost impossible to get people to sit down for an entire game and finish it.

Corlon

First Post
Risk 2210 AD is AWSOME

I played it 8 times or so at my cousins house

but board games on enworld would just be kinda strange...

plus you like to keep nuclear cards secret

and if you said what it was then...

KitanaVorr

First Post
Krizzel said:
We played Twilight Imperium (lasting a few hours I guess, and not to completion - they simply capitulated to me), and after that no one wanted to play any more board games! Sissies. I didn't even get to battle anyone, much less conquer their star systems mercilessly.

Hey who won the last time we played with them? Did we win? It felt like it lasted forever and I do remember doing much damage.

I know we made an alliance behind everyone's back. I think I promised you a marriage of convience or something quite sneaky so you wouldn't attack my flank while I went on a rampage. I remember being really into the diplomacy thing. Still didn't trust you to not attack me though...lol...still don't...hehe....:p ;) :D

Remove ads