book of exalted deeds?

thundershot

Adventurer
John Crichton said:
Cool beans. Take this as you will but I'm buying it day one. ;)

So, that said - Do orc babies taste more like chicken or beef and what goes better with them: red wine or white? :p

thundershot and I just need to know...

Actually, they would probably taste better with a white wine sauce, with sauted butter and garlic, and some half & half, sour cream, and flour. Add in some broccoli and mushrooms, and serve it on a bed of pasta.

:p ;)

Chris (notes that you can substitute breaded chicken breasts for the orc babies if they don't have them in your area) :D

2d6

A Natural 12
Valiantheart said:

Huh. And here I always thought orc babies were appetizers before the red dragon wyrmling main course.

Here's a meal to server your hungery heroes in a snap.

One Pot Orc Dinner

Serves 6

8 cups Homemade Orc Stock, or canned low-sodium Orc broth, skimmed of fat
2 star anise
1 three-to-four-inch-long cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon dried savory
3 boneless, skinless Orc breastshalves
4 ounces egg noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large leek, trimmed, washed, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1 stalk celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 small carrot, julienned into 1 1/2-inch-long strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium portobello mushroom, stem discarded, cut into 1/4-inch-thick pieces, and halved
6 cups loosely packed fresh spinach

1. In a stockpot, combine Orc stock, star anise, cinnamon stick, and savory. Cook, covered, 15 minutes. Add the Orc, and poach, uncovered, on medium heat, until just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer Orc to a plate.

2. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles, and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Strain, and place under cold running water to stop cooking. Set aside.

3. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Cook the leek, celery, carrot, and garlic until softened, about 6 minutes. Add portobello. Cook 5 minutes. Remove star anise and cinnamon from broth; add broth to the sautéed vegetables. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; cook 10 minutes.

4. Slice Orc on the bias 1/4 inch thick. Add Orc, noodles, and spinach to broth. Over medium heat, cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes. Ladle mixture into individual bowls, and serve immediately.

Per serving: 266 calories, 8 g fat, 68 mg cholesterol, 19 g carbohydrate, 445 mg sodium, 27 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber.

Larry Fitz

First Post
You people and your sick food humor!

Baby Orc is white meat (like Pork) but it's fattier and more gamey, served best with an Ale or Beer, not a wine... and you never serve it with pasta! Bread or potatoes, but done plainly, it's far too rich to compliment any sort of fancy side dish. Perhaps a simple corn bread raisin stuffing or steamed Gnome Oysters. Beets also make a good side dish for baby orc...

Moe Ronalds

First Post
Baraendur said:

I honestly don't know considering that I haven't seen the art yet. I don't even know what the cover will look like. Aside from that, I would love to give more details, but I just can't at this time. Hopefully when the release gets nearer us authors will get to do a Q&A or somesuch online to promote it.

Okay, thanks. :)

~~~~~~

So would Baby Orcs taste like veal?

Hi all! :)

Really looking forward to this book, especially the Lords of Good section.

It mentions the rulers of the Guardinals in Manual of the Planes, but who are the nominal rulers of the Archons (Tome Archons?) and the Eladrin?

Li Shenron

Legend
Baraendur said:
Aside from that, I would love to give more details, but I just can't at this time. Hopefully when the release gets nearer us authors will get to do a Q&A or somesuch online to promote it.

I'll look forward for news about this product. It's been quite a while since the last D&D book I bought (I missed all the 2003 production so far), and I am still not sure if to buy D&D 3.5.

I was thinking that if BoED turns out to be well done, I may even buy the BoVD to side with it, just for fancy, because I didn't like it very much.

But it really depends on the content: I'd like to see the Lords of Good statted out, but I won't make much use of them. That's why I borrowed BoVD for a while, to check out the BBEG which we'll never get to fight. "Big Beautiful Good Guys" will be even less useful :)

Instead, I hope to find something about running different GOOD characters, because I am quite tired of Paladins. We have 2 girls playing with us who at first didn't even want to fight, because they characters "were good". I hope BoED becomes the occasion to provide guidelines to play such goodness without screwing up the whole game. Maybe alternative non-lethal fighting abilities?

Let's see. I am currently not enjoying later products, I already have so much stuff I haven't had the chance to use, and the books are becoming repetitive: new prestige classes, new equipment, new spells, new monsters, and bla bla bla... I am 100% sure that BoED will have them too, but I'll wait to see if THE REST is interesting.

Remove ads