• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book of NPCs 2.0

Is_907

First Post
Wonderful stuff! I was actually just thinking that I needed to put together some NPCs for my current campaign and here they are for me. ;)
Thanks!

Really looking forward to sorcerors!

CapnZapp

Legend
Let me assure you that I would have given you an experience point a second time if only I could! (Yes I know it's theoretically possible, but handing out xp to 49 other posters just for this reason simply isn't practical)

Let us know when the Book is complete - I for one is holding back on the download until such time.

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
This is absolutely awesome and a great resource for one-shot games or one-on-one games. I can't thank you enough.

How long did it take to put this together?

Paul Strack

First Post
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

How long did it take to put this together?

It probably took a week to put together the initial code base. The first few classes were about 12 hours each, but now I have it down to about 6 hours per class. It helps that I am using the same code to create characters sheets for my regular game (I am a Mac user, so Character Builder is no good to me).

I am going to try to knuckle down and finish this up this weekend. It would be nice to get everything done in the month of May.

Paul Strack

First Post
UPDATE: Version 2.0 now complete with all PH2 classes!

I made both barbarians and wardens into brutes. For barbarians, it makes sense because they are high-damage, low defense. Surprisingly, wardens are not sure a good fight, but I did it anyway since wardens are supposed to have more hit points.

Let me know if you find any mistakes in the NPCs, and I will correct them. I will leave this alone for now, until PH3 comes out (I might do a minor update with the MM2 races).

First of all, thank you very much for this great project! I do agree with others who have mentioned that's the single, most useful for 4E.

My only question/query is if you plan to include the different building for the classes that appear in the Power series (martial, divine, arcane, primal, etc). I asked because I could really use some builds like the battlerager fighter, for example.

Thank you once again and best regards,

Sturm.

Remove ads