• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book of NPCs 2.0

Paul Strack

First Post
First of all, thank you very much for this great project! I do agree with others who have mentioned that's the single, most useful for 4E.

My only question/query is if you plan to include the different building for the classes that appear in the Power series (martial, divine, arcane, primal, etc). I asked because I could really use some builds like the battlerager fighter, for example.

Thank you once again and best regards,

Sturm.

It depends.

I was originally using the D&D PDFs as the data source for the project, and those PDFs are no longer available. I am in the process of figuring out other ways of getting the data. It means I am having to rework a lot of what I did before from scratch.

I hope to have things figured out by the time PH3 is released. Depending on how much progress I make, I may be able to squeeze in the other power books before then.

Dodavehu

First Post
These are all amazing.

If you ever find another opputunity to update, I'd throw in the suggestion of adding the classes from the setting books, mostly Artificers and Swordmages.
--

Emryys

Explorer
I was originally using the D&D PDFs as the data source for the project, and those PDFs are no longer available. I am in the process of figuring out other ways of getting the data. It means I am having to rework a lot of what I did before from scratch.

If you have access to the compendium, perhaps...

Very useful project regardless! :)

Paul Strack

First Post
How can a PDF become "no longer available"? Did you read them on your Kindle, and WotC deleted them from your system? ;)

I meant that PDFs are not available for new books. The Book of NPCs 2.0 is based on the books that were available in PDF. When PH3 comes, I will need to take an entirely new approach. That means throwing out most of what I did before and starting from scratch (rather depressing).

ZzarkLinux

First Post
I like this a lot. I just updated my version 1.0.3 to version 2.0 :)

Is there a legend available?
When I was looking at powers, IMO it was not intuitive to determine at-will / encounter / daily / utility powers

It could be a lot easier for DMs to instantly look-up a power.
(example: a fight is going bad, so DM instantly looks for NPC daily-power).

Just my :2: cents.

Trainz

Explorer
You sir would put to shame the monks of old who would transcribe whole bibles by hand. The amount of work is just staggering.

Thank you very much, our campaigns will greatly benefit from this.

Remove ads