• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book of NPCs 2.0

atminnie

First Post
Hey Paul Strack, I'd be interested in helping fill in more build/ PHB3 races/classes. Is there a concise place I can see your methods and houserules to quickly thrum up a bunch more NPCs for a potential Book of NPCs 3? I'd love to help. Did the DMG2 changes to monster creation change your methods?

Currently, I wouldn't know how to get the fancy formatting or icons that you use or how you formed them into an html book, but I could maybe do the dirty work of writing them up raw anyway. I'd love to see the tempest and brawling fighter, the ardent paladin, and maybe

Paul Strack

First Post
Hey Paul Strack, I'd be interested in helping fill in more build/ PHB3 races/classes. Is there a concise place I can see your methods and houserules to quickly thrum up a bunch more NPCs for a potential Book of NPCs 3? I'd love to help. Did the DMG2 changes to monster creation change your methods?

Currently, I wouldn't know how to get the fancy formatting or icons that you use or how you formed them into an html book, but I could maybe do the dirty work of writing them up raw anyway. I'd love to see the tempest and brawling fighter, the ardent paladin, and maybe

That's kind of you to offer.

Unfortunately, I produced the Book of NPCs 2.0 using the information in the PHB1 and PHB2 PDFs that WotC created. Since WotC isn't selling PDFs anymore, I can't use my old code to add information from PHB3.

In theory, I could pull data from the Compendium, but since that data is in a different format, it means rewriting all my code from scratch. That would be a many-months long project, and I don't have the time for it right now.

simen

First Post
Would be great with PH3 classes to. No one is expecting you to do hybrid, so don't do them.

And update with the new rules fra DMG2 ;) Thank you, you kick ass.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads