Book of Vile Darkness

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Most of the stuff should be fine. Murder and Allied Trades hasn't changed since 3.5e, you know. :p

Some material is "recycled", though: The archfiends are in the Fiendish Codex books, for example.

Presto2112

Explorer
Kae'Yoss said:
Most of the stuff should be fine. Murder and Allied Trades hasn't changed since 3.5e, you know. :p

Some material is "recycled", though: The archfiends are in the Fiendish Codex books, for example.

The Archfiends and Demon Princes as presented in BoVD are of a significantly higher CR, however.

Although it shouldn't be too hard to extrapolate the powers of the lower CRs and apply them to the BoVD stats.

hexgrid

Explorer
I think parts of it have also appeared piecemeal in 3.5 products.

I could be wrong, though, because I can't remember any specific examples.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Spells

Honestly, I've seen most of the spells from this book show up in later products heavily rewroked to 3.5. They're in books like Complete Arcane and Mage and Spell Compendium.

-DM Jeff

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Presto2112 said:
The Archfiends and Demon Princes as presented in BoVD are of a significantly higher CR, however.

Although it shouldn't be too hard to extrapolate the powers of the lower CRs and apply them to the BoVD stats.

Also note that although in FCI, the demons were represented as the real deal, in FCII, they wisely only statted "Aspects" of the Archdevils. They're not unlike divine aspects from the Minis Handbook, but the FCII ones are a lot more powerful (they're more or less updated versions from the BoVD), and it is said that each fiend can only have one such aspect. They also say that if the actual fiends are to be fought, the DM should make appropriate stats (they have some short guidelines on how to advance the aspects to be the real fiends).

Remove ads