Book of Vile Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going to most definately buy it. Sure the Mature Readers thing isn't new at all with all of that Black Dog stuff out there, and concepts such as the Seventh Generation from Werewolf, Sodomy Bikers from Hol and whatever else. And I have plenty of ideas of how far my villians would go in their depravity.

I'm getting it because it's a first for D&D, it has new content that I feel will be useful, and it details and updates the Demon Lords for 3e (and I'm quite curious who they would be detailling in the book, Orcus and Asmodeus the only ones confirmed so far). Plus there might be some evil things in there that I haven't thought of yet.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I, for one, will not be buying the book. The main reason is that this product has no place in the kind of campaign I run.

A second reason is that I'm a little tired of Monte's "evil" fascination. He's put out far too many evil, dark and drow-based books (and downloads) lately. This, of course, is my taste vs. his. He's the guy with publishers, so of course he's free to do as he wants, but... blechh.

Orclicker

First Post
I will have to look at the book before I decide. For the record I was the lead writter on Kenzer's Villain Design Handbook, which should be in stores this week, so I have strong opinions ooon what I would expect from BoVD and it would take a lot to impress me. But if I am impressed I may pick up the book.

Andy

Henry

Autoexreginated
Son_of_Thunder said:
..I'm not going to post a poll on this but I would like to know who plans on buying this book and why.

I plan on buying it. Why?

1) It makes sense to pick up anything Midas touches. :)

2) It sounds like there will be some fascinating material in this book for use with villains in my campaigns. If the evil wizard wants a blood sacrifice of 1,000 virgins, then I'll finally have some solid game benefits he will get if he succeeds.

3) Call me crazy, but I always look for reasons to make the PC's hate the villains more.

4) The stat'ed Demons and Devil Princes are an added bonus.

Good enough?

jester47

First Post
Dr Midnight said:
I, for one, will not be buying the book. The main reason is that this product has no place in the kind of campaign I run.

A second reason is that I'm a little tired of Monte's "evil" fascination. He's put out far too many evil, dark and drow-based books (and downloads) lately. This, of course, is my taste vs. his. He's the guy with publishers, so of course he's free to do as he wants, but... blechh.

jester47 puts pinky to corner of mouth.

Do you have a problem with Eeevil? Whats so wrong with eevil, just that its not good doesnt necesarily make it bad, hmm? I think its quite fun, really. Right Mini-Me?

Aaron.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Dr Midnight said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If all he put out was "The Guide to Happy Valley, vol. 1 - Harvest Time!" what use would that be? You have to have evil, or there isn't a game.

derverdammte

Explorer
ColonelHardisson said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If all he put out was "The Guide to Happy Valley, vol. 1 - Harvest Time!" what use would that be? You have to have evil, or there isn't a game.

I'd be quite amused to see a guide to "happy valley" in D&D terms, but didn't that already get covered by a netbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads