• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boolder's Goat - The Adventure

Karl Green

First Post
TimTim, male halfling rogue

Burbing loudly, TimTim looks up at the sound of his name "Here now, one of those names be me! Open it up lass, lets hear what it has to say!"

Telsar

First Post
Horggroh, Male Albino Orc, Monk

The orc looks curiously at the envelope, "Yes, I agree, read it to us, miss. Although, it is a bit odd that this Gromswee didn't come back with the message himself. Perhaps he's doing something else for the Ruling Council. Do they often call upon his service?"

Rayex

First Post
"This is quite odd.... I'll read it then."
She opens the envelope then reads the message.

The Ruling Council of the city of Boolder's Goat have come to the conclusion that the five whom this is adressed to, shall be the ones to explore the Caves of Doom and Horrible Death and try to find the Ultimate Ultimate-Something.
Gromswee, our link to you, is already on his way to the Caves, to set up a camp of operation. He will meet you there upon your arrival. If any of you at any time should wish to withdraw from this quest, feel free to do so.
The Caves are located in the Woods of Eversummer.
Good luck, and happy hunting.

The Ruling Council

rangerjohn

Explorer
"That's as clear as the sun through the morning Fog. One where are the "Woods of Eversummer? Two where in the woods are the cave? Three is Gromswee at the caves or a camp elswhere? Are we to head out immediately, or wait till morning? These are just questions of the top of me head. There may be others." Magma returns.

Rayex

First Post
The barmaid shakes her head...
"This is not like Gromswee at all. He usually informs me before he does something rash...
I suggest you spend the night here, then head for the Woods tomorrow. The woods are right outside the western gate, and the caves are somewhere within. Where, I do not know.
If you choose to stay, I am sure Gromswee will agree with me giving you a room each, free of charge.
This is all rather strange though... I thought there was supposed to be a tournament, and the winners would be the ones to go... Well, I guess I do not need this anymore.." she finnish, then toss the list into the fireplace.

Asmor

First Post
Seeing the night is no longer quite so young, Mxplyxtokylcopolypticdionobob decides it's time to make his move. "A generous offer, lass, to be sure, but I'd hate to impose on the profits of this fine establishment. Perhaps instead of giving me a free room I could instead share yours? Indeed these are dangerous times, and a beautiful young woman such as yourself shouldn't be alone."

Telsar

First Post

Horggroh watches the barmaid carefully, trying to get a read on her feelings towards the gnome's offer. [Sense Motive +6] If she seems offended, or just disinterested, Horggroh may want to say something to try and spare these two any embarrassment. If she seems interested, or Horggroh can't tell what she's feeling, he'll, of course, not interfere.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Another thing comes to me mind. How does the council even know of the rest of us, besides the gnome? Gromswee, had already left, when me and ye other lads and lass arrived?" Magma says growing more concerned with every passing moment. "perhaps, ye shouldn't be so quick to burn that letter lass." He says trying to stop the maid.

Rayex

First Post
"It is not the letter I am throwing away, it is the list where you wrote your name on earlier.."

When Mxplyxtokylcopolypticdionobob makes his generous offer, she stops to think.

"I am quite able to to take care of myself, should anything happen... but I will take you up on that offer anyway." she finnishes with a smile towards the gnome.

"I do have some things I have to do before going to bed though, but you here" she hands you a key, "this is the key to my room. Second door on the left on the top floor. I'll be with you in an hour or two."

Telsar

First Post

Horggroh gives the gnome a very small pat on the shoulder, silently congratulating him on his success. Then he turns to the barmaid and says, "My dear lady, before you start your errands, I have one more small question. These Woods of Eversummer, how large might they be? If it will take us more than a day or two to search them, it might be better to find someone in town who knows where these caves are at. Even if they only know so that they are aware of what area to avoid."

"Oh, and on the matter of my room, something centrally located would be nice. I have a terrible time meditating if I know I'm on one end of a building or the other."

Remove ads