Borderlands Film

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Roland was kind of the straight man of the crew in the first film, so casting Kevin Hart, whose acting range begins and ends at "Kevin Hart", was certainly a weird choice, but I also don't need a 1:1 recreation of the video game's plot or cast. And say that you will about Kevin Hart, he's at least usually pretty damn funny.

But yeah, a lot of the casting is like "what would the perfect cast have looked like in the 90's".

Apparently the behind the scenes scuttlebutt was that filming was a disaster, test audiences hated, and they had to do an endless amount of re-shoots.

I'm just hoping that it's fun, which could be possible whether it's good or bad.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Looks great!

Edit: It's not oscar bait folks. Cate would nail it even if she was 90, and a straight man Hart might be a fun contrast from "Hart" Hart. Wasn't so long ago Jack Black was always "Jack Black".

Last edited:

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
This looks absolutely cringe.

But then again, the dialogue and "jokes" in the games are cringe and age like milk.

So, it seems tonally consistent at least.

Last edited:

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I'm no fan of Eli Roth and no fan of video game films in general (thanks, Uwe Boll), but the trailer for the new Borderlands film actually looks like a bunch of fun!

I look forward to seeing this one in theaters!
I am curious about it, looks fun.

pukunui

Legend
I never played the video games, but it does look like it could be entertaining.
Agreed. With this and Prime's Fallout, we seem set for post-apocalyptic sci-fi for the time being.

I haven't played any Borderlands or Fallout games myself, but I am somewhat familiar with their concepts. I think I will enjoy both.

Remove ads