• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Borderlands Marshal

Caliber

Explorer
So does the Borderlands Marshal's quarrying abilities give him a quarry for the entire encounter, per the Ranger's class ability, or just for two rounds, per the Ranger multiclass ability?

yesnomu

First Post
So does the Borderlands Marshal's quarrying abilities give him a quarry for the entire encounter, per the Ranger's class ability, or just for two rounds, per the Ranger multiclass ability?
It says like the class feature, so I assume for the whole encounter.

I like the PP a lot. It feels like a real integration of the two classes. All three people playing Warlord/Rangers will like it too, I bet.

Caliber

Explorer
I definitely agree. It's a great way to almost (but not quite) give full access to one of the Ranger's defining features via multiclassing. Cool! :)

SadisticFishing

First Post
And it really helps groups that aren't good at focusing. "Hitting my Quarry gives +1 attack guys! Gogogo!"

I just don't know whether to start Warlord or Ranger.

themilkman

First Post
And it really helps groups that aren't good at focusing. "Hitting my Quarry gives +1 attack guys! Gogogo!"

I just don't know whether to start Warlord or Ranger.

It seems to me that, since a path feature triggers off of the Hunter's Quarry ability, and some of the powers are conditional on things happening to your quarry, being able to use Hunter's Quarry more than once per encounter might come in handy. So my thinking is that it would be better to start as ranger and MC into warlord. Anyone have thoughts to the contrary?

SadisticFishing

First Post
Well, the fact both its attack powers are mostly based around putting a Quarry on the target, it may feel like wasted powers if you go Ranger (Warlord). But if you miss with your encounter, then you're wasting the best ability the class gives, in my opinion.

Really, I can see it going either way :p It's a really cool Path.

yesnomu

First Post
I'm pretty sure it requires the Ranger MC feat, meaning you have to start Warlord. That makes sense with the encounter and daily powers, too. I might be wrong, though.

Bagpuss

Legend
The Sylvan Archer could do with it's powers worded the same as the Borderlands Marshal's as it is also available for multiclass characters.

Remove ads