• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bottle of wine and im schtill sober *hic*

On Puget Sound

First Post
I had to boot a player who drank before and during the game; he became loud and argumentative and we feared for his safety on the road. We told him he could play with us if he was sober; he decided not to.

Is_907

First Post
Personally, I can't stand most Sam Adams flavors.

But if you look in my beveredge fridge, you'll find* multiple kinds of Shiner (I AM in Texas), Killians, Bass, Newcastle, Blue Moon, Tiger, Ki Rin, Chimay, Lindemanns, Maredsous, Guiness...sometimes things like Moose Drool. I WISH I could get my hands on some Dragon Stout or some products from Razin Breweries.

And then we get to the wines. :)

* not all at once...but close to it.

Good man. Support the Shiner! ;)

I'm just going to chime in and +1 the suggestion you might want to crash at the DM's house or maybe find another friend who lives closer so you're only on the road for a little bit.

Personally, the amounts you're talking about drinking wouldn't phase me at all. Then again, I'm a large fellow of good Scots and Irish stock, so it takes a lot of alcohol to fill my veins.

Flatus Maximus

First Post
America has truly wonderful beer. Yes, I know we are known for that mass produced swill, but we are in the middle of an explosion of interest in good beer: microbreweries abound and we are importing the excellent stuff from each country. Go to a bar, a liquor store, or even a supermarket these days and you'll find a rather large selection of Stouts, IPAs, Trappist Ale, German dark lagers, Golden Ales, Porter, etc. I've met more than enough impressed folk visiting from the UK to know that the US is coming into into its own as a producer and consumer of quality brew. :)

Don't forget homebrew! In our group, three of us homebrew various beers and meads, which keep us plenty happy.

Edit: Shiner...:confused: Perhaps one must be Texan to like it?

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Shiner...:confused:Perhaps one must be Texan to like it?
FWIW, I'm an army brat from New Orleans, and a lifelong beer-hater...until i had my first Shiner at happy hour in an Austin rooftop bar at age 24.

Doug McCrae

Legend
Also i need to stress thats its a good group, really friendly great atmosphere and they have welcomed me into the group without any qualms.
Of course you know why that is - they're drunk! I agree with everyone who said that, if you want to fit in, you should be drunk too.

PS I'm drunk at the moment. In Scotland it's compulsory.

Flatus Maximus

First Post
FWIW, I'm an army brat from New Orleans, and a lifelong beer-hater...until i had my first Shiner at happy hour in an Austin rooftop bar at age 24.

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit snobbish there. Sorry. I retract the quetion and urge you to, as they say in the Saint Paul Homebrewers Club, "Slam that, try this!"

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hey, all tastes are individual!

I know lots of guys who love Sam Adams, but of all the favors I've tried, only one or two seemed drinkable to me. I've had precisely one glass of enjoyable Heiniken.

But I'm always open to try new stuff. That's how I found things like Dragon Stout, Razin, Tiger, Kirin, Chimay and so forth.

...now, if I could only find some of the beers I like where I live.

Remove ads