Bounty of the Endless Sands

Gurdjieff

First Post
(OoC: I've been a bit busy, but it seems I haven't missed much.)

Irene starts securing the tent while the others dig in, and hopes it will withstand the sandstorm. On the inside she uses her winterblankets to reinforce the tent. When done, only hoping everything will be alright is the only thing left to do.

Lot

First Post
Eskon starts digging as well, his eyes looking to the approaching storm apprehensively. Despite this, he wears a crooked grin.

"Well, I wish I had bought a tent, that's for sure. I may survive this adventure, but I'm sure I'm not going to look at it as a comfortable time in my life."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vrina and Irene feel their tent battered badly and ripped by the storm, and then through the rip, sand begins to fly in and fill up the bottom, and they begin to be battered themselves as well. Fortunately, by using sand to secure the bottom of the tent, this is the worst that happens to them during the storm, aside from the tent being nearly buried in the sand, so the air starts getting stale.*

(OOC: Irene takes 5 nonlethal Damage. Vrina takes 4 nonlethal Damage)

*Rhys does a surprisingly excellent job at digging himself into the dune. He only takes a bit of beating at first, but unfortunately, the sand begins to pour into his nose and mouth, causing him to have difficulty breathing. Worse still, the sand begins to cover him up even more, nearly entombing him underneath and forcing him to wriggle outward to escape that fate. He manages to avoid suffocating, however, and he only comes out near the end of the storm anyway, when the sand is settling.*

(OOC: Rhys takes 7 nonlethal damage and 4 lethal damage)

*Findoram is not as lucky. While he barely manages to keep from the burying problem Rhys had, this is in part because he didn't do as good a job as Rhys at digging in in the first place (also, he's taller). Findoram is battered and bruised by the sandstorm, and he can't easily get off his magic to heal himself. The group finds him unconscious, badly battered, but still quite alive.*

(OOC: Findoram takes 22 nonlethal and 8 lethal damage)

*Eskon is not as fortunate as any of the others. His attempt to dig in fails after a short time. Battered and bruised, he prays to Hyrag as his body is picked up by the raging sandstorm and he is flensed, battered, flung about, and just generally abused by the sandstorm, which whips him back and forth like a plaything in its not-so-gentle grasp. The group finds him blown over 1000 feet in the direction of the wind and on the brink of death, but somehow still alive. It may have been Hyrag's grace alone that saved the noble paladin from an ignominious death, and the terrible state of his badly bent and broken body gives testament to something the others will never forget for the rest of their lives--don't stay out during a terrible sandstorm, take cover.*

(OOC: Eskon takes 145 (wow, damn!) nonlethal and 19 lethal damage. Quite prophetic, Lot :lol: )

BigB

First Post
Rhys unburries himself and unsuccessfully attempts to shake the sand from his clothing. He then takes in the sight of the hasty camp. He spots Eskon's battered body and the form of Findoram.

We must stabilize the wounded and heal them if possible. Findoram could do so if we can revive him. Do any of you have any such skills? Perhaps either Eskon or Findoram may have a healing potion in their gear.

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Rhys frantically digs through Eskon's gear and finds a potion of cure moderate wounds.

ooc: Lot - should I give him the potion?

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: :lol: His character is unconscious--you have to choose ;))

ooc: fair enough :uhoh:

Rhys positions Eskons head so that he can pour the potion in his mouth without spilling it and slowly.

Remove ads