Bounty of the Endless Sands

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Irene does nothing this turn, barely able to control her camel.*

*Meanwhile, the camel's concern seems well-placed, as the scorpion-beast up front manages to rip up Rhys's camel, causing Rhys to fall from his saddle, fortunately catching himself as he falls and remaining unharmed.*

*Eskon leaps off his camel and draws his blade at the ready, and the scorpions hiss at the impending attack--it seems the prey has some teeth after all.*

*Vrina barely manages to perform a quick dismount and draw her sword, striking a solid blow to the mottled purplish scorpion, cutting through the chitin and spraying black ichor.*

*The next scorpion was going to kill Findoram's camel, but now it has a new target. It turns and skewers Vrina with a claw, thankfully missing with the other claw, the bite, and the stinger.*

*Findoram dismounts and draws his weapon.*

*Rhys draws his weapon and attacks, cutting into the front mandible with a powerful blow for such a small weapon.*

*The last scorpion kills Eskon's camel.*

*According to Irene's calculations, these beasts must have been augmented by magic or the like--they are not mere vermin, too intelligent.*

(OOC: C2 takes 9 Damage

Vrina takes 12 Damage

C1 takes 7 Damage

Irene's Turn)

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Something's wrong with these creatures! This isn't normal! Foul magics are in play here!" Irene calls out while struggling with her camel. Realizing the power her foes hold, she dismounts, followed by the starting to cast "Sleep" in such a manner that 2 scorpions are the in the range, but no allies.

(OoC: aiming at the scorpions at Findoram (and Eskon I think)? Will it be possible to get two scorps in the area, or will I be limited to one? If so, Findoram's scorpion has priority.)

Lot

First Post
Eskon looks as his animals falls onto the sand.

"Hey, that was my camel! I need that!"

[sblock=OOC]Attack: 7, Damage: 5 I know showing the damage isn't necessary, but I just wanted to show the snake eyes I rolled for damage after rolling my 2 for my attack[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Irene--the Sleep spell is a full round, not just a full-round action. You're going to have to sit there until your next turn and hope none of the enemies decide to interrupt. You may want to try a Colour Spray instead)

Gurdjieff

First Post
(OoC: Ah, well, she'll opt for a fast dismount then (which she fails). If she can get 2 scorpions in the Color Spray without hitting allies, she'll go for that (without provoking an AoO). If she can't, she'll stay out of harms way and keep it to dismounting for this round.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, the range on the cone is not enough to hit creatures with reach without being in their reach)

*Irene ducks and weaves as she casts her magicks defensively, eventually completing her spell and shooting forth of stream of glimmering lights of various colours at two of the scorpion-things. They hiss at the light, their mental faculties temporarily shut down as seizures wrack their bodies, at least for a time.*

(OOC: Everyone else goes next!)

Remove ads