BoVD (again)

hellbender

First Post
The Serge said:

Anyway, I think the concern of the initial poster reveals the silliness surrounding this entire book (and the DRAGON Magazine that preceeds it. I honestly don't understand the intense reaction this book has garnered when it hasn't even come out yet. And I mean reactions to really important issues, not debates about the (meaningless) relative powerlevel of Arch-fiends.

How many threads have been killed off because of the outrageous reactions by posters who have yet to peruse the book? If the concern is based upon the marketing material that's been sent out, we all know that such information is used as a lure and reel, nothing more. People need to chill out before passing judgement on the bulk of what they haven't seen.

I agree heartily with your points. What concerns me is the reaction of people who haven't read the book, who decide it's fate, when they sell the book. Obviously, where I am, sales figures for a book for a game that isn't squat to the parent company are immaterial. However, it is also obvious that more copies of a book would sell if there are shelf copies (presumably, that is) over a book on special order status only. Especially a book that is becoming as controversial as it is.

hellbender

Remove ads