• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

bow distance

alii

First Post
trying to get my distance up enough to stay well away from combat and i just got masters of the wild and seen hawkseye and was wondering if it stacks with the distance enchantment?

Johno

First Post
I'd say yes; but observe the standard when applying multiple multipliers.

That is, for hawkeye distance is 1.5 times normal.
The Distance enhancement grants 2 times normal.
The Far shot feat grants 1.5 times normal for ranged weapons

And following the standard rule for adding multipliers:
Far Shot + hawkeye = 2 times normal
Distance + hawkeye = 2.5 times normal
Distance + Far shot = 2.5 times normal
Distance + Far shot + hawkeye = 3 times normal.

peregrine

First Post
What if you threw in the deepwood snipers ability? Since it's a flat bonus, I'm guessing it'd be...

110 (comp long bow) + 100 (deepwood sniper) = 210

then 210x3 (distance/hawkeye/far shot) for 630?

I'm not so sure about adding together the .5s from hawkeye and far shot with distance enchantment. It's always been my understanding that a doubled doubling is a tripling, but what about a doubling and two half again-ings? :)

When some friends and I did this math earlier, we figured it'd be 220 (longbow + distance) + 100 (dws) * 2 (hawkeye + far shot). Of course, the result is 660', so the distance difference is trivial anyway... :) It just seemed more appropriate to add both distance and dws into the 'base' of the equasion.

Any other views on this?

peregrine said:
I'm not so sure about adding together the .5s from hawkeye and far shot with distance enchantment. It's always been my understanding that a doubled doubling is a tripling, but what about a doubling and two half again-ings? :)

The way the game handles it is that multipliers do not stack, period, each affects the base only. Thus convert a doubling to +100%, a tripling to +200% and a .5 to +50%.

A doubling (+100%) and two halves (2x +50%) = 100% + 50% + 50% = +200%. It's tripled.

Mordekai

First Post
Deepwood Sniper Range Bonus

According to p. 53 of Masters of the Wild, the Deepwood Sniper bonus to Range Increment is applied after all other modifiers. Just wanted to be sure that was also clear.

Remove ads