• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

...Brain Atrophy...

Psimancer

First Post
I’m just about to start playing an on-line Epic game, and all my high-level rules knowledge has seemed to have atrophied, specifically in regards to stacking…

a) If a character has both DR 10/evil and DR 10/unholy, how do they stack? From memory it would be DR 10 unless an attack was both evil AND unholy, yes? Not DR 20…

b) And what about Fast Healing? If a character had Fast Heal 1 from one source and Fast Healing 2 from another (both permanent, non-item abilities), would the result be Fasting Heal 2 or 3? Part of me feels it is like asking if multiple Cure Light Wounds stack…

Psimancer

First Post
a) DR/unholy was taken from the Book of Exalted Deeds, which is admittedly 3.0 not 3.5. So I guess, yes, under 3.5 it should be DR/evil… but ignore this question as I have now found the answer... ;)

b) Do you have a reference on that? I can’t seem to find anything definitive…

Last edited:

UltimaGabe

First Post
Psimancer said:
a) DR/unholy was taken from the Book of Exalted Deeds, which is admittedly 3.0 not 3.5./QUOTE]

Um... Since when is the Book of Exalted Deeds 3e? It came out well after 3.5 did, and everything in it appears to be 3.5 to me.

reveal

Adventurer
Psimancer said:
I’m just about to start playing an on-line Epic game, and all my high-level rules knowledge has seemed to have atrophied, specifically in regards to stacking…

a) If a character has both DR 10/evil and DR 10/unholy, how do they stack? From memory it would be DR 10 unless an attack was both evil AND unholy, yes? Not DR 20…

b) And what about Fast Healing? If a character had Fast Heal 1 from one source and Fast Healing 2 from another (both permanent, non-item abilities), would the result be Fasting Heal 2 or 3? Part of me feels it is like asking if multiple Cure Light Wounds stack…

a) They do not stack. You get one or the other, usually the better of the two.

b) Like abilities do not stack unless specifically stated within the description of the ability. Not sure where it states that in the DMG, but it's there.

Remove ads