• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brain STORM!

What game to run?

• D20 Modern

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Star Wars

• Mutants and Masterminds Superheroes

• Mutants and Masterminds Superspies

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • None of the above! Here's my idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIM-54

First Post
The_Universe said:
Does someone besides me know of the significance of the Atrivis and Generis Sectors of the Star Wars galaxy? :D

There is only one possible answer:

YOUR MOM!!!

:p

Laurel

First Post
Put this in Gmail so putting it here as well......

Personally it can kind of be whatever and look forward to more RPG gaming fun :)

I would only say that for the change of pace it may be fun to have another DM if people are willing and okay with that. Kennon you have been awesome (both with the SW one-shots and KOA), I just think it may be cool to really switch things up. And you keep saying how you always like the chance to be a PC instead of the DM and get to play with us instead of at us :p

With that in mind though I can't really offer myself up for being DM having never even had a one-shot run, and not sure how a first time DM would work for a possibly long term game..... but I thought others had expressed interest....

As for what we actually play, I can be up for anything, but Star Wars. As I stated on the boards, (so I know I will bore some of you twice) SW have been my only one shots. But that still leaves a huge, huge list of possibilities.

These are just my thoughts though :)

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Personally it can kind of be whatever and look forward to more RPG gaming fun :)

I would only say that for the change of pace it may be fun to have another DM if people are willing and okay with that. Kennon you have been awesome (both with the SW one-shots and KOA), I just think it may be cool to really switch things up. And you keep saying how you always like the chance to be a PC instead of the DM and get to play with us instead of at us :p

With that in mind though I can't really offer myself up for being DM having never even had a one-shot run, and not sure how a first time DM would work for a possibly long term game..... but I thought others had expressed interest....

As for what we actually play, I can be up for anything, but Star Wars. As I stated on the boards, (so I know I will bore some of you twice) SW have been my only one shots. But that still leaves a huge, huge list of possibilities.

These are just my thoughts though :)
It sounds like I won't be running anything, anyway. So, it may be to everyone's benefit to direct the lobbying elsewhere.

Laurel said:
..... but I thought others had expressed interest....

Indeed - JC, Mik, and myself have all expressed some interest. My idea from earlier in this thread:

QD said:
If you want to take a break from DMing in general, Kennon - I would be more than willing to run a Mutants and Masterminds game for the whole group.

My idea would be as such - the United States developed a "Supers" program towards the end of WWII. Orginally, the program was to be the ultimate demise of the Nazis and Japanese, but they fell as the program was receiving its finishing touches.

As such, the Supers (you guys) were cryo. frozen in a top secret Supers HQ and saved "just in case" something so awful happened that the world's armed forces could not handle it... and - in the not-too-distant future - that something happens. *cue super hero music*

However, if that doesn't sound like fun - just tell me and I will back down.

The_Universe

First Post
I'd like to play something D20-based (or, failing that, based on WEG's D6). I'd prefer it not be D&D, but it certainly can be, I guess. Liz ran a great D20 Modern one-shot set in approx. 1920 that was a good time - it's probably been my favorite short-subject side game that I had the opportunity to play in.

Mutants and Masterminds could be cool - but it would definitely be different. As I noted above, it's really not advancement-based. The "level" mechanic has significantly altered. On the other hand, it's really an amazingly flexible system. It took me about 6 hours to make a single character with computer aids, and I spent about 8 hours trying to make one (and never finished) with nothing but pencil and paper, but I have to say that it was a cool character.

The_Universe said:
I'd prefer it not be D&D, but it certainly can be, I guess. Liz ran a great D20 Modern one-shot set in approx. 1920 that was a good time - it's probably been my favorite short-subject side game that I had the opportunity to play in.

I love my 1920's game, however; I have major reservations about adding any players at this point. I don't have the game (or the story that it will eventually tell) designed for any more players.

But, if it is decided that everyone would like to play that game - I could probably manage to run two groups in the same world that occasionally meet up for the duration of the summer.

AIM-54

First Post
Guess I'll chime in here, though after reading the exchange in GMail, I kinda wonder what the point is...

My overall preference would be something non-d20, but my feelings there are well-known and there's no need to make anything out of that. My favorite, of course, is Shadowrun, but anything to shake things up would make me happy.

Given the likely options thus far presented, my preference, at this point, would be Star Wars. As described, it sounds like exactly the kind of game I would enjoy. After that I'd put d20 Modern.

MM Superheros is my least favorite, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of the super-hero genre. I'd love to give it a try with a one-shot, but a serious campaign would be of very limited interest to me.

That, in fact, may be something we want to look into, perhaps just doing a series of one shots with different GMs until we come to some sort of resolution. Or, maybe we just need to get away from gaming altogether and spend more time doing other things. I don't know. But I don't think trying to choose some sort of long-ish term thing is the best idea right now.

My 2 nuyen for what it's worth.

The_Universe

First Post
I'd like to prepare another campaign, of a different format, to run in the future.

That being said, it's going to take me a while to make something worthwhile (though my current plans would probably have the next thing I do be slightly more episodic than the epic-novel feal I was trying to go for for KoA.). In the interim, I think it's a great idea to run one-shots or whatever. Mutants and Masterminds, as you noted, might be better as a one-shot than a campaign.

If you have another Shadowrun game (or something else) that you want to run, let's get it on the calendar - there's no reason that, even if there still were a "regular" campaign, that we couldn't get together to do something like that.

I'm just wondering what (in general) I should be preparing, because I fully intend to run another campaign. That's what the poll is about. I don't want to bar anyone else from running a game in the interim (or even after I would start something else).

The_Universe

First Post
Which is a long way of saying that we can play Shadowrun (or whatever) for a bit for all I care, but that you'd probably have to run it (which I know you can do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads