Branding's Age of Worms, the 4th Generation

silentspace

First Post
Majakilar's eybrows knit together in thought. That wind, it's amazing! I've never heard of a magic trap like this! I've studied the planes, and I wonder, could there be a rift to the elemental plane of air here, like there are rifts to the elemental plane of fire at volcanoes? That face could be a gateway! Well, here's the first lamp we found. Lighting them all seems to make sense, right? At least, I think that's how I would do it, if I could use magic, and make traps, and create gateways to the elemental plane of air... Err, yeah...

Azten

First Post
Stroking his chin thoughtfully, Azten ponders the trap and what to do next.
A portal to an elemental plane would certainly explain the force of the wind. What other wonders did the tomb builders possess?
Then, addressing Owen's suggestion of lighting or extinguishing the lamps: I think we should light them all before we try extinguishing them. I recall that I have heard of some magics involving the combinations of different lights. "summation of frequencies" or some such prattle. It is all just arcane mumbles to me.

Besides, I don't want you to be stumbling around blind down here in case something does happen.

One by one Gregor moves around the cavernous chamber, lighting and hanging the lanterns in the correct order. Once the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet lanterns are lit, the domed ceiling of the central chamber reflect their light, creating thousands of tiny rainbows. Each sparkles and shines as it slowly moves about the roof. Whether this is illusion magic, or merely clever optics is hard to tell.

In the time it took for the miner to accomplish his task the wind from the corridor above finally came to rest.

Mista Collins

First Post
Amazed at the beautiful display of all the lights, Owen pauses a moment before addressing the group. "I'm going to head up there. Anyone want to join me? Just allow me to lead so that I can possibly find a switch plate that may have been triggered."

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

Alexi likewise can't avert her eyes from the spectacle. “Yes... beautiful...”

A while later, she gathers her attention and after thinking about it for a moment, she offers: “Maybe we could bind you to a rope, which Gregor could hold, just in case. And the rest stays a bit behind, while you check for any signs of danger?”

Voadam

Legend
"Yes, just Owen and me secured by a rope would probably be safest until we figure it out up there."

Gregor will head up with Owen once again, this time with a safety rope.

Remove ads