Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, considering the relative impotence of summoned critters vs DR, I had figured that to be the main reason for summoning and just left out by mistake. I believe you should have no problem summoning it on the far side with even the 25 + 5/2 CL range, but I may have misjudged the setup)

*Since Mordik hasn't attacked yet, Ally enchants his silver sword to make it stronger.*

(OOC: +1 to hit and damage for Mordik's silver sword.

And everyone Remember the +1 from Bless, so for Mordik's sword, that's a total of +2 to hit, +0 to damage (because of the -1 for silver))

Last edited:

NakuruSai

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Ah, considering the relative impotence of summoned critters vs DR, I had figured that to be the main reason for summoning and just left out by mistake. I believe you should have no problem summoning it on the far side with even the 25 + 5/2 CL range, but I may have misjudged the setup)

*Since Mordik hasn't attacked yet, Ally enchants his silver sword to make it stronger.*

(OOC: +1 to hit and damage for Mordik's silver sword.

And everyone Remember the +1 from Bless, so for Mordik's sword, that's a total of +2 to hit, +0 to damage (because of the -1 for silver))

Mordik takes a quick thankful nod at Ally keeping his eye on the devil. He defensively moves forward. As per his previous comment, however, he'll get inbetween the chain devil and the gem, allowing Eanos the time to get to his obvious target.

(OOC: moving then fighting defensively, chain devil is my dodge target. +3 dodge to a total of 19 AC against chain devil, 18 AC against anything else.)

(OOC: Mordik basically made his choice earlier in the combat as to what he's doing. He's bowing to Eanos' better experience and hoping this isn't as hopeless as it seems. If Eanos sees the gem as a better target right now, Mordik will defend his getting to it. Only then will he make the followup choice: beat up the bad guy. )

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: If you fight defensively, you also get to attack at a -4, so you should probably roll that. With the +2 from Bless and Magic Weapon, you have a decent chance of hitting it anyway, and it can't regenerate the damage from a silver weapon.

Also, I think Eanos would agree that the gem is not a better target (since there's only a chance that destroying it will help, and a chance it will blow up and kill us all), but the monk is attacking it out of desperation because he can't through the monster's DR. Mordik has the silver sword, so he can. If he needs AC, have him tell Ally to Shield of Faith him (her last buff), and next round when he has flanking, give it all you've got without the -4. With Mordik's Sneak Attack Damage and Ally eventually behind him healing with her wand, it shouldn't be too hard to kill the baddy methinks. Maybe if Eanos can't get the gem thing to work, he can help provide flanking and Aid Another Mordik for more to-hit bonuses)

NakuruSai

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: If you fight defensively, you also get to attack at a -4, so you should probably roll that. With the +2 from Bless and Magic Weapon, you have a decent chance of hitting it anyway, and it can't regenerate the damage from a silver weapon.

Also, I think Eanos would agree that the gem is not a better target (since there's only a chance that destroying it will help, and a chance it will blow up and kill us all), but the monk is attacking it out of desperation because he can't through the monster's DR. Mordik has the silver sword, so he can. If he needs AC, have him tell Ally to Shield of Faith him (her last buff), and next round when he has flanking, give it all you've got without the -4. With Mordik's Sneak Attack Damage and Ally eventually behind him healing with her wand, it shouldn't be too hard to kill the baddy methinks. Maybe if Eanos can't get the gem thing to work, he can help provide flanking and Aid Another Mordik for more to-hit bonuses)

(OOC: I'm just hesitant to jump in and tank it by myself. Then again we're all in the middle of this chain room so we're all being attacked, I should be doing what I'm best at: finding a soft spot on the baddy. )

Mordik slashes a bit wide at the chain devil. (ooc: 19 to hit, 7 damage if it does. Pretty sure that's a miss, but just barely.)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: any suggested actions for Odno? He still goes before the devil.

After Ally casts a spell to aid Mordik, Eanos smashes the glass container and Quarion starts casting his summoning spell, Mordik engages the devil in melee. His now magical AND silver sword just missses the devil, hitting one of the chains that is wrapped around him with a loud ring.

Then the Devil retaliates. Once again it brings several chains to life that lash out at Quarion, Mordik, Ally and Odno. All four get hit by the chains which leave painfull wounds with thier serrated barbs.

ooc: Quarion takes 6 damage, Mordik 8, Ally 4 and Odno 6.
Quarion must make a concentration check to prevent his spell from failing.

You guys go now!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh! I didn't realise he hadn't gone. Odno has nothing helpful for combat except direct attacks that don't bypass SR, so he's pretty screwed. This is why Crystal Shard is an important attack power--no SR. Since he has Energy Ray instead of Crystal Shard, if he attacked with it, his chances of hitting are not worth it (needs to roll an attack roll with a -4 followed by I think rolling a 16 on the caster level check, so like less than 10%. Thus, his best bet is to flank with Mordik and Aid Another. I know Mordik already rolled his attack, but can Odno please have moved into flanking position beforehand? It would make Mordik's attack a hit and a sneak attack as well. I would have had Odno do that regardless of Mordik's roll, I promise (plus, we're getting killed here except Eanos, and once it's Eanos vs Devil one-one-one (in about two rounds at this rate) with 4 chain attacks to Eanos's one punch that doesn't penetrate DR, we're likely dead :().)

*Ally heals Mordik with her wand.*

(OOC: Mordik recovers 6)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: I have no problem with Odno moving into flank (although it sounds un-odno like, it sounds like a good desperate action) but it will cost him 2 move actions to avoid an attack of oppertunity. NarukuSai, roll up that sneak attack damage!

Remove ads