D&D 3E/3.5 Breaking Out 3E Again

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
No, I think they are using the fluff, and bringing a few character tie ins from the 3E books.

Which by the way, is what everyone usually suggests about not having a FRCS.

And even though I don't play 3E anymore, I find myself getting all kinds of lore from the books. (Of course, I get lore from the 1st Ed Manuals of the Planes, and Basic modules still, etc, so its all good.)

CheezyRamen

First Post
My friend and I encouraged our GM to revive his 3.x Ptolus campaign under the 5th Edition system and almost had him on the hook until Rogue One inspired him to run Edge of the Empire instead.

People actually got inspired by Rogue One? I should get into the movie making bizz because that movie was AWFUL lol.

CheezyRamen

First Post
I want you to know I will be reporting you for that and hope you get PERMABANNED!!!!

I may be permabanned but apparently when I get in nice with Disney you'll go see my new Star Wars EPIC about an Ewok on a journey to find his lost companion! -spoiler- gets in a fight with storm troopers and these other guys show up with a golden diety-

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Argh, you are reminding me that I have an active Roll20 group in 3.5 Zard. Why are you doing this?

And I actually have to take turns DMing it.

I don't know how I could do this back when I was younger and it was the 'new kid' on the block. What was wrong with me!?

Zardnaar

Legend
BTW does this mean I could run eg Princes of the Apocalypse easily in the 1987 Grey Box Forgotten Realms setting? That sounds like a fun campaign. :D

Might work better, I have not seen the Greybox over here but not having to deal with the Time of Troubles/Spellplague does sound tempting.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Someone always says that in the first couple replies of a Zardnaar thread, yet they always seem to last a dozen pages.

:hmm:

But this is a [MENTION=6716779]Zardnaar[/MENTION] thread I'm down with. 3.x did have some great concepts and some great source material.

(Helping with the dozen pages.)

Satyrn

First Post
But this is a [MENTION=6716779]Zardnaar[/MENTION] thread I'm down with. 3.x did have some great concepts and some great source material.

(Helping with the dozen pages.)

I'm always trying to find a way to shoehorn in a taste of Tome of Battle whenever I can.

Staffan

Legend
BTW does this mean I could run eg Princes of the Apocalypse easily in the 1987 Grey Box Forgotten Realms setting? That sounds like a fun campaign. :D

There's really nothing in there that would be a big problem. The only thing I can think of off-hand is if you're going to use the factions heavily - the Zhentarim have changed a lot in the last century. In old-school FR they had really strong ties to Zhentil Keep and the Church of Bane, and seemed to be heavily into conquest (á la Scardale). In current FR, they have morphed to be more of a "mafia" - using more subtle manipulation to get their way, and essentially turning into "the bad guys who help us against the worse guys because they don't want to see the world destroyed any more than we do." But the factions, particularly the Zhentarim, mostly come into play as an initial push into the adventure as well as the occasional side quest, so that should be a minor issue.

Remove ads