Broken Magic Item: Infinite Healing?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Darklone said:
Hmm, I'd rather have an item that heals me automatically each round :D

I had my Vest of Keeping Tolthrak's Tail Alive, which cast a wearer-only 25th-level Mass Heal once/round on the PC. This was for an epic game, where initially the character was going to be a Frenzied Berserker. (Our Motto was: Abandon all shame, for the designers have none!)

Sadly, the DM frowned on it, and would only let it work 5/day. Also, we couldn't figure out a way to shorten the casting time for an automatic True Res, so it'd go off the round after I went down. So, instead, I rely on a Ring of Nine Lives.

Brad

dcollins

Explorer
pawsplay said:
Are there any magic items anywhere in the book that grant unlimited uses of an instantaneous spell?

If you count those with limited-uses-per-day, then I'd consider an absorbing shield, nine lives stealer, ring of shooting stars, rod of lordly might, cape of the mountebank, for starters.

And now that I think of it, an amulet of the planes doesn't seem to have any limitation at all.

dcollins

Explorer
Yes, it would, over an indeterminate number of days.

Nontheless, amulet of the planes seems to (unfortunately) fit your criteria.

Last edited:

Durifern

First Post
Anybody else who thinks that magic item prices are generally too low? Particularly prices for spells cast by a npc mage are way too cheap imo, I multiply them by ten. :)

Kender42

Explorer
rkanodia said:
I am (coincidentally) about to introduce a similar item into my campaign world, except that it's a +1 warhammer of cure light wounds. Yes, caster level one. As in, take 1d8+1 damage, and heal for 1d8+1 damage. It's mostly used as a weapon for ceremonial combat, but, like the club of healing, is great vs undead. I mention it only because I'm giving it the best name ever. Are you ready?

It's called the Fauxhammer.
Best name EVER!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Humor me - what is that makes the name 'fauxhammer' so incredibly cool?

- Clueless foreigner Darkness

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Darkness said:
Humor me - what is that makes the name 'fauxhammer' so incredibly cool?

- Clueless foreigner Darkness

Faux means "False" or "Fake". But it sounds like the same word as "Foe" meaning "Enemy". So the names sounds like "Hammer of my Enemies" but it really means "Fake Hammer". Since it does 1d8+1 but heals 1d8+1 too, that sounds like a very apt description.

Remove ads