Bronze Armor

Talic

First Post
The classic case of "I'm a moron" being off at school with my precious books left at home.

Can someone please tell me what the stat modifications are for armor made of bronze? I was unable to locate information in the SRD.

Also, I believe Bronze weapons take a -1 to Damage rolls. Can someone please confirm this as well?

Thank ya much.

Talic

First Post
Yep, its in the DMG 3.5 around the area where they talk about alternate settings, including the Asian and futuristic weapons and such.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Oh, that's cool. Never saw that. -2 Attack and Damage, Minimum 1.

This is from the 3.0 DMG, but I doubt it's different.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Page 144 of the 3.5E DMG.

Bronze weapons take a -1 penalty to all attack and damage rolls (minimum 1 point of damage).

Oddly, it only gives examples relating to bronze shields and armor, and not hard and fast rules. For example, bronze shields only have a hardness of 9 where an iron one has hardness 10. A small bronze shield has 7 hit points, and a large bronze shield has 14 hit points (a light steel shield has 10 hit points, and a heavy steel shield has 20). Beyond that, it just says that shields have the same AC bonus, cost, and weight.

In terms of armor, all it says is that a bronze breastplate (it's quite odd it calls out that type of armor specifically) only has a +4 armor bonus (as opposed to the steel version's +5), but has a maximum Dexterity bonus of +4 (whereas the steel version is +3).

Finally, it says bronze has hardness 9 and 20 hit points per inch of thickness.

Talic

First Post
Ah, the penalty to weapons applies to attack rolls as well.

Unless I hear otherwise, I think I'll just assume all bronze armor is -1 to AC and +1 to max Dex Bonus.

Thank you very much.

Scharlata

First Post
Talic said:
[...]Can someone please tell me what the stat modifications are for armor made of bronze?[...]

The Arms and Equipment Guide has Bronze weapons/armors on pages 12/18.

Kind regards and happy easter

Remove ads