• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bruce Heard + Mystara + Kickstarter [Hypothetical + Cross Post]

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
Sounds great. Roughly how many gods? How big will the book be?

I'm a big fan of fantasy god books, my favorites being the 2e Forgotten Realms ones with their stories of things the gods have done that brought them alive as interacting cosomology characters.

Based on current materials, it'll be at least 90 pages. My guess is it will be much longer. Internal illustrations haven't been figured in yet since they are dependent upon crowd funding. The higher the Kickstarter funding, the more internal art. In a book that presents somewhere around 90 deities in detail, there is need for lots of illustrations. I want to reformat the way I originally presented the gods and develop their mythologies, achievements, and how they interact with each other, which will call for a lot more text anyway. Plus narratives, which I haven't written yet.

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
2015-2016 Updates & Good News

It's been a while since I last posted here. This looks like a good opportunity to go over all that's happened since then.

CC1 "Beyond the Skies:" It is my present project. I just finished the writing part and am working on the upcoming Kickstarter event. This book is, as you might guess, the second release for my campaign world, Calidar. It details 89 gods spread out among eight pantheons (one elven, one dwarven, one fellfolk, one gnomish, one half-elven, and four human) plus one monotheistic cult. A good deal of the book focuses on outer planes, servants of the gods, divine alliances, secret societies, powers granted to the faithful based on their levels of piety, histories of the cults and therefore of their people, as well as shamans of the Dread Lands, and mechanics on how to handle the Great Caldera's "haunted" wilderness. All told, the book should exceed 250 pages, small type (akin to the presentation style of GAZ3 "Principalities of Glantri" for those of you familiar with this old series of D&D accessories.)

The Kickstarter Event: Funding is needed essentially for the cover art, internal illustrations, and final editing. It is currently projected for December 2015, ending early in January 2016. The book's final release date should be in the summer of 2016, depending on the availability of the artists I'd like to see involved in this project. This Kickstarter is crucial, since it will determine how much internal art will illustrate the various gods. Diagrams, temple floor plans, geographical maps, and godly symbols have already been secured. If you aren't familiar with Calidar, the original Kickstarter took place in 2014 -- click here for that page.

New Website: Calidar Publishing now owns its own website, which gives an overview of Calidar, the game world, the product, and the first book. It includes my blog, a webstore, and an official forum which turned out to be pretty snazzy! Give us a visit and tell us what you think. You can still get your copy of CAL1 "In Stranger Skies," the first book in the series via DTRPG.

Events: I will attend Lake Geneva's Gary Con in March of 2016, as well as North Texas RPG Con in June 2016. I'm looking forward to meeting D&D Mystara and Calidar fans.

Last edited:

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
Calidar "Beyond the Skies" Kickstarter Preview Page

photo-original1-1024x768-300x200.png

Greetings all!

I'm very excited to be able to share with you the link to Beyond the Skies' preview page. This presentation is very close to its final version, which should go live during the first week of December 2015.

This page says a lot about the new book in the Calidar series as well as the people behind it. As this still is work in progress to some degree, the link is made public mainly for the opportunity to return feedback about its contents. Have a look at the project's general description, pledge levels, add-ons, and stretch goals. Tell us what you think. You can do so here, or directly via the preview page (use the feedback box near the top of the kickstarter page).

This kickstarter makes it possible for new backers to acquire the original book at a discounted price, and other titles strictly restricted to kickstarter supporters. As always, the success of any crowd funding depends directly upon its backers. So please, do share this post as much as possible with friends you know may be interested in Calidar.

Thank you so much for making this book a reality!

Click here for the preview page

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
Skyships anyone? Mystara, Spelljammer, Calidar... The sky's the limit (or not)

Ever wanted to have your campaign game's skyship drafted neatly but never had the time or the tools to do so yourself? If yes, this is may be for you! Ideal for Mystara, Spelljammer, and of course, Calidar. Click here for details... :n:

Lady%u00252BKarevena%u00252BBlog%u00252BFormat%u00252B1200%u00252Bpx%u00252B120%u00252Bdpi.png

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Bruce, if I back the next kickstarter, and add on the existing pdf, would I get that once the KS is ended? Out would it be months while waiting for the new pdf top be done?

Remove ads