• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BSG Saturday Evening

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Lemme know where, and I'll be there. I've only played half a game, but I love it. Lemme 'splain. No, there is too much; lemme sum up.

I was Tigh, and a Cylon. I knew I could only play for half the game (all were fine with that, as they could rope in a player when needed). As my time approached, Adama drew to jump but only moved us one space.

I threw Adama in the brig, became Admiral, then declared martial law and became President. At that point, half the table was positive I was a Cylon, but I bluffed, cajoled, argued ("Adama has been hinky all game, and he only jumped one space!") for two full turns while some of them tried to get rid of me but never ... quite ... could ...

By the time I left, the game was all but unwinnable for the humans. (And they did, in fact lose, very big and very fast.)

That was a fun introduction to the game.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
So, we've got the 2 Nalls, JC, Rodrigo and myself definite from last year and now Bubba, Wilder, Freeman, Ghostwind and Ridcully new for year so far. Am I missing anyone? If this is the case, I'd say that we should definitely plan on two tables (JC and Rodrigo please both bring your games with expansions).

If you have 7, one has to be a Cylon infiltrator. If you've got an experienced player willing to take that character, it'll work, but people that've only played once or twice would like be boned. It's a much different and more difficult role than the standard.

John Crichton

First Post
With the expansion, according to BBG, you can have seven players, so we should be able to have fourteen total, yes?
1. MATH IS HARD!!!!
2. What Rod said. Personally, I love playing the Cylon Leader but it's NOT a character for people who haven't played a ton. Also, I can imagine the game taking forever with 7 players.

But yeah, technically we could get a game with 7 per table. Personally, I think the sweet spot is at 5 players with 6 closely behind that.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Given that info, five or six sounds fine by me, too. I thought six was good last year and if we plan for six we have a buffer in case someone needs to drop out at the last minute. Would that be the safe way to go?

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Given that info, five or six sounds fine by me, too. I thought six was good last year and if we plan for six we have a buffer in case someone needs to drop out at the last minute. Would that be the safe way to go?

I've been resisting buying this game. If it looks like we will have a hotel lobby full of cylons and humans fighting it out, it might be worth it for me to buy a copy.

Missing from the list of attendees is one of my non-ENWorld friends.

Three boards of fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads