Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

Jemal

Adventurer
"I've run into this thing several times now, and each time I've been the only one to escape with my life. I'd like to end that streak, so if the Slayer's gonna take it down, I'm gonna be there."

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm completely on board with the 'taking down' thing," Juno says. "But I'd like to know what I'll be sharing the Celebrity Deathmatch with first. Just what do we know about it? And...any idea how much time we have?"

Cor Azer

First Post
INT. EVENING - DAFYDD'S OFFICE

Gang in research mode, with Paul still tied to chair.

JUNO
Any idea how much time we have?"​

OOC: Really? You asked that? Are you not familiar with the tropes of this genre?!? :)

PAN TO: CLOCK

Showing 6:15pm.

FADE TO:​

CLOSE: OFFICE BUILDING CLOCK

Showing 6:15pm.

WIDEN TO: WATERLOO PARK

Generic evening park activities.

PAN: ACROSS PARK UNTIL NEAR GAZEBO

O.S
RAWRRR!​

With a smash, a young woman is flung out into the open from some nearby hedges, landing right beside a leather boot.

PAN: Up leg, revealing... not much. Guy in a shadowy robe. Red eyes flash, and he kicks girl across face, knocking her out.

ANGLE: FAR SIDE OF GAZEBO

Cloaked figure turns away and starts chanting to himself as he approaches the gazebo. Behind him, several girls are fighting with poor odds against some large, shaggy, wolfish things.

CUT TO:​

INT. EVENING - DAFYDD'S OFFICE

Again, gang in research mode. Re-arranged a bit, probably having brought Gavin and Juno up to speed on discoveries.

DAFYDD
So, we'll have at most 12 hours to prevent Gyuliga's release once we spot an unscheduled eclipse. As for the how, I'm not really sure. Perhaps a spell can be found to strengthen the seal, or...

STEVEN
(looking out window)
Was there supposed to be an eclipse tonight?

DAFYDD
No, no I don't think so.​

PAN TO: WINDOW

Low in sky, the rising moon is being obscured by... something, casting an unsettling blood red glow in the sky.

jkason

First Post
Gavin groans as he looks out the window.

"So, that would be the countdown started then, right?" he says.

[sblock=ooc]I've been not reading parts of the thread where Gavin wasn't present in an effort to help keep me from acting on OOC info. Is there a specific post or two I should look at to get the lion's share of infodump on the situation, or should I just start skimming now?[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: Okay, back up to speed, so adding the following...

"I'm thinking we're in the mood for a heavily-armed visit to Waterloo Park for a not-moonlit stroll, yes?"

DrZombie

First Post
[blood red moon against a black background. Zoom out. You see it's a reflection in Stevens pupil]

"nôtinitomâkan" Steven growls with a feral light in his eyes.

"Do you have weapons here or do I need to go back to my place? Bow and arrow, hatchet, axe maybe?"

Jemal

Adventurer
"Aw &*#$!" Jason looks out the window, and closes the book he was going through. "This is pointless, I've been tracking and researching this bastard for two years. What more can we find out in the next twelve hours? We've got the slayer, lets slay."

Shayuri

First Post
Juno smirks and folds her arm to give a shrug.

"Can't argue with that logic. Sometimes the best way to figure someone out is to hit 'em a few times and see what happens next. Just point me in the right direction."

(OOC - Hee, sorry if that seems terse after a long pause, but Juno's not in charge at the moment, and I don't want to spend a long time composing a post. Trying to get things moving again.)

Remove ads