Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

Cor Azer

First Post
INT. EVENING - HALLWAY OUTSIDE DAFYDD'S OFFICE

Juno and Gavin are walking, Gavin in a bit of disbelief.

GAVIN
So the guy just got up from being hit by a minivan?

JUNO
That's what it sounds like. Raychel got clipped, but guy got pegged square on, but no sign of him when the paramedics came for her.​

They round the corner and see...

ANGLE: DAFYDD'S OFFICE

Full on research mode. Books and laptops open, with Dafydd, Rechard, Steven, and Rory about, as well as two Juno and Gavin don't know - Jason is looking through one of Dafydd's books, and Paul is still tied to a chair, slumped over in despair.

On the desk, a map of Waterloo Park has a strange diagram superimposed.

DAFYDD
Given these clues from my books, it would seem the gazebo covering Ataroth's Seal should be this one here.​

He circles a small area on the map.

JASON
Protecting it should just amount to stopping anyone from piercing it-

RECHARD
Is that all?

JASON
(continuing)
Any attempt to pierce the seal will involve a lengthy ritual, the first step of which causes an eclipse. Pretty obvious warning, I guess. After the eclipse begins -

DAFYDD
Lunar or solar?

JASON
It doesn't say. But after it begins, the ritual takes about twelve hours, so we'd have that long to stop it.

STEVEN
The part about the bone from a demon in love - does it have to be a specific demon?​

Vaguely aware of the conversation, Paul lifts his head at the question.

PAUL
I... I don't think so. He didn't say so.

STEVEN
And how demon-y does the demon need to be?

PAUL
Just a touch of demon blood. Full demons are less likely to actually fall in love, I suppose. Those will traces of humanity still in them - vampires, lycanthropes, half-breeds - they're more likely to -
(grimacing, as if willing himself through something)
Oh god, make him stop... he's trying to take over my body...
(pause, slightly calmer)
I was just going after anyone that seemed like they might be in love - people texting, PDAs, couples at make-out spots...​

jkason

First Post
Gavin pulls up short as he and Juno stumble upon the research session with captive guest star.

"We had an interesting hospital visit, but looks like you guys had a full-on motherlode party by the look of things?"

Jemal

Adventurer
As the two enter the room, Jason steps back, his hand going towards his hidden knife. He glances around, to Dafydd and Rechard's lack of concern, and the newcomers apparent disregard for the man tied to the chair, and then settles down for a moment, then a realization dawns on him.
"Wait.. Is that her?" he motions towards the girl, and looks to his research partners.

Shayuri

First Post
Juno eyes the guy tied to a chair with a skeptically raised eyebrow, but lets Gavin do the talking for the moment. She was still kind of mulling what she'd learned...but she couldn't help grinning when one of the new faces popped that question.

"I get that a lot," she replied. "So...Daffied, why is there a guy tied to a chair? And maybe introductions since the Magic Teen Squad has new friends?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd, cringes every time he hears his name mispronounced

"Uh, it's Dafydd. And Paul here might be a bit of a danger to himself as well as others. We thought it best to indispose himself towards that for the time being. And this is Jason. He's... a friend. Juno, you say you had an interesting hospital visit. Did you get any information from the injured girl?"

jkason

First Post
"Well, she fought that Asian woman Rory caught sight of back at the crime scene. Who is definitely mojo'd up in the fight department," Gavin says. "Um, not that Juno didn't kick her own share of ... anyway. Hi. I'm Gavin," the last he offers with a wave to Jason, sparing a nervous glance to the bound man.

"Danger to himself?" he adds with a raised eyebrow.

Shayuri

First Post
"Yeah, hospital girl had a visitor. Asian girl. She used some kind of mind trick on the nurse to get in to see her, then another spell on herself to fight me." Juno pauses, then adds, "She said she was the slayer too, by the way."

"Anyway, she ran off when the ruckus attracted attention. Hospital girl knew her though, seemed to trust her; but she talked to me too so I dunno, maybe it was the drugs. She said she was attacked by a guy...she didn't say anything about him vamping out or anything, but she did mention he was hit full on by a truck...the same truck that put her in the hospital with crushed legs...but he wasn't on the scene anymore by the time the cops showed up."

Juno shakes her head ruefully. "I didn't have time to push for a description or anything...and I'm not sure she got a good look at him anyway. At that point it was either go, or start fighting the security guards."

Systole

First Post
"A thought occurs to me, Daffid. You do have the Slayer on your side. Perhaps we ourselves might pierce the seal, then slay this demon? Surely the world would be safer without the threat of its future release. And we would have a demon corpse to ... research." He pauses, staring off into space and rubbing his chin. "Yes ... research."

jkason

First Post
Gavin eyes the professor warily, then says, "Wait, whatever all this is about, it's to do with letting something loose that's sealed behind ancient hoo-doo? Seriously, it's never better undoing that kind of magic. If this were something the slayer could just kick in the face and be done with it, I think that's what they'd have had the slayer of whenever way back do. They've been around practically as long as humans.

So, what is this nasty creepy crawly, anyway?"

DrZombie

First Post
"What will prevent it from looking for another dupe, who will make other victims? It is stirring, and its slumber will soon end. Better to finish this for once and for all." Steven says.
"As for demon-corpses to research. I dunno. Don't demons have a tendency to return unless permanently and completely destroyed? To summon or not to summon, Daffy?"

[Split-screen, one a close-up of Steven who grins wolfishly as he mangles the Welshmans name, one of the cringeing Watcher, zoom out to..]

Last edited:

Remove ads