Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

jkason

First Post
Gavin quickly scoops up the debris, opening the piece of paper to read it fully before things go south, which seems faintly inevitable at this point.

"You know her? Joanie?" Gavin tries as he quickly commits the paper's contents to memory. To Juno, he mutters, "How good is your BS, 'cause we're going to have to have a good story here soon, unless we plan to jump out the window..."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd, always having his name mispronounced

Upon seeing Jason enter the room, Dafydd is a little distraught. He cringes at hearing his name mispronounced yet again, but decides to let it slide. Under the circumstances there are too many other important things going on. "Um, Rechard, I assume you can handle Paul for the moment? It seems I need to speak with this gentleman, in private."

Dafydd ushers Jason into a nearby hallway near the restrooms and speaks quietly but sternly, "Alright, I'll forgive your lack of familiarity with Welsh names, but who the hell are you?"

DrZombie

First Post
"mitahtahkwan wîcîwâkan" Steven muses. "Wing man."

"I like that, Irish. I do."

He turns around and smiles broadly.

At that moment, Rory's second sight kicks in and, the face of a snarling wolf flashes over Stevens smile for a fraction of a second.

"So, you gonna give me a lift or you gonna make me run?"

Systole

First Post
After Dafydd leaves the room, Rechard's perpetual smirk fades slightly, and he approaches the young man. In a lowered voice, he says, "Paul, listen to me. I understand corruption. Believe me, I very much do. I understand the voices that whisper to you in the day and scream at you in the night. I know about dreams of blood and bone and fire and death. I know what it is like to find yourself in a strange place with no memory of the past hours, your fingernails broken and caked with blood which you must hope is your own, because the alternative is worse."

He stares at his own hands a moment. "I tell you this because you have a choice, my friend. And it is not a choice about pain, or about death. Those things are already written; we cannot change them. Your choice is to be free, or to be damned." He locks eyes with the young man. "Which will it be?"

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Jason did pronounce it correctly, at least according to your bio. 'davith' right? He would have heard it from Michelle, and thus knew the way its spoken.

"I'm Jason... Teller. I was part of Michelle's hunting crew in X. I have bad news and possibly worse news... Michelle and the rest of my crew are dead, and the Demon that did it came here to recharge." He glances back towards Dafydd's office. "Seems like you've got problems of your own, that kid possessed or just crazy?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Hehe. Yeah, the thing is, because it is such an unusual name, I have decided that unless someone types Dafydd's name exactly correct (whether they intended to or not), they have mispronounced it in some fashion. It is just a way to add a little humor to the game.
"Eh, forgive me," Dafydd says while wiping his brow, "it has already been a very busy day and I have a lot of things on my mind. We're aware that there is something on the loose. I hadn't narrowed down whether it was a demon or... something else. Hopefully your demon and what we are investigating are the same. I would hate to be fighting two things at once. My slayer is still a bit... untested."

At the mention of Paul, Dafydd turns to look back into his office. "I'm not exactly sure about the boy yet. At any rate, I figured having a few moments alone with my friend, Rechard might help him make the right decision. Rechard is a bit more... skilled in these matters than I am. If it isn't on a computer or at the very least in an old book written in a dead language, I find myself out of my element."

Shayuri

First Post
"Goddamnit," Juno mutters. "We'll never get back in again after this."

She looks at Gavin. "Go. Get out. Before they get a good look at you. Tell Dafydd what happened." With a grimace she adds, "Ask him to bail me out."

With that the Slayer goes to Raychel's side and leans down.

"Who attacked you? Was it that Joanie girl? I'm on your side, I want to keep you safe. The sicko who came after you is still out there, still killing people, and I want to stop it. Just tell me what you saw."

jkason

First Post
Gavin bites his lip. He didn't want to abandon Juno, but he was more afraid of getting on the bad side of the One In Every Generation who was genetically predisposed to (and had a talent for) killing his kind. He nodded and tried to navigate the fire extinguisher fog to get himself out of the room before anyone could tell he was in it.

Cor Azer

First Post
INT. DAY - DAFYDD'S OFFICE

Paul sits in a chair, frightened by Rechard's words. The silence after the professor's speech is almost palpable.

Finally...

PAUL
I just looked at a book.​

His head drops into his hands.

PAUL
It... it was just a book...​

FADE TO:​

INT. DAY - A DORM ROOM

Paul enters, smiling to himself as he recalls a movie from the night before. He tosses his bookbag on his bed, and the impact shakes a leatherbound tome loose and onto the floor.

Paul looks at it funny, his smile turning to perplexed curiosity.

PAUL
(over his shoulder; into the hallway)
Tommy? You leave a book on my bed?​

Another student pops his head around the corner of the door.

TOMMY
Nah man. What book is it?​

Paul picks up the tome, and flips it open to a random page.
The letters are indecipherable gibberish, but unseen to Tommy, begin to flow up Paul's arms, and his eyes turn black.

PAUL
Nu... Nothing...​

His eyes revert to their regular green as he turns to his friend.

PAUL
Nothing I guess. It's empty.
One of them fancy journals I guess.

TOMMY
Weird... Still, I'll go tell the RA that someone's been slipping into people's rooms. The cameras here are crappy, but maybe they caught something campus police can work with.​

Paul rolls his eyes.

PAUL
This isn't CSI, Tommy.

TOMMY
True, but it's not like we're dealing with ghosts and goblins...​

CUT TO:​

INT. NIGHT - SAME DORM ROOM

Paul blinks his eyes open. The alarm clock is flashing midnight, but the silence from the halls suggests much later.
He reaches for his watch when he notices someone watching him from his mirror; vaguely humanoid with two red eyes.

NON-CORPOREAL FIGURE
Find the bone. Finish the blade.​

Paul begins to panic, but the same gibberish lettering crosses his face and his eyes turn black.

PAUL
(monotone)
What bone... Master?

NON-CORPOREAL FIGURE
The bone of a demon in love. Pierce Ataroth's Seal to complete the blade...
and we will end the Watcher's spell imprisoning me.​

FADE TO:​

INT. DAY - DAFYDD'S OFFICE

Paul is looking at Rechard as he completes his story. Dafydd and Jason are at the doorway, listening.

PAUL
Since then... he... he takes over me some times.
It's like I'm riding in a car, but have no say in where I'm going.
I see him in mirrors.
In windows.
Everywhere.

I'm trying to live my life, because demons... they can't be real. But I'm all hazy, and having blackouts, and...

Oh... Oh god.

Those girls... those kids...​

CUT TO:​

INT. DAY - RAYCHEL'S HOSPITAL ROOM

Gavin nervously slips out through the waning mist of the fire extinguisher fog. The security guards don't notice him. Juno leans over Raychel, speaking in hurried but hushed tones.

Raychel shakes her head at Juno's questions.

RAYCHEL
Joanie? No... she's my... friend, maybe. Teammate, I guess.

It... it was a boy. Or something like a boy. Fairly average - I wasn't really paying attention to him. I was texting my boyfriend when this guy attacked me.
He... he was freakish. Strong as... well... as you, I guess. I only got away because I dodged a minivan.
(beat, looking at her amputated leg)
Mostly.
(beat)
He didn't.

You... You're a Slayer, aren't you?

I've had some training, but nothing like what you-

SECURITY GUARD
I'm sorry ma'am. All visitors have to leave until we can clean this up.

RAYCHEL
One moment, Sir. Thank you.
(to Juno)
Joanie's charm fogs memories... they know there was a disturbance, but they won't remember who was involved.
You should go.
But be careful hunting for this guy. He's dangerous.​

OOC: Ok... hope that info was worth the holiday wait, and that you and yours had a good one.

Systole

First Post
Rechard says little as Paul talks, and glances up at Dafydd in the doorway. Speaking to Paul he says, "Whether or not you believe in demons, Paul, it seems that at least one of them believes in you. But we have resources at our disposal. We can help to rid you of this demon who has been locked away."

He rubs his lips with a finger, and a greedy look enters his eyes. "I, for one, would be extremely interested to find him."

Remove ads