Build help for support class

Philian

First Post
Hey, I'm pretty new to DND in general. I'm playing with friends so it's pretty fun.

At the moment I'm running a hand cross bow spamming variant human but I'd like to change to a support build.

I'm not very knowledgeable, but I'd like an optimized build for something that can heal, and fight.

The general idea I have is 1 Life Cleric, some Druid? Or maybe bard?

I'm really clueless and basically need it spelled out for me.

For the ultimate support caster build, go Lore Bard X/Life Cleric 1. Lore Bards sorely lack AC defense, but with this build you get heavy armor and shield proficiency via Life Cleric. When you are Lore Bard 6/Life Cleric 1, use magical secrets to grab Aura of Vitality which will be supercharged by the Life Domain healing bonus. Toss out bardic inspiration, cutting words, bless, guidance, heals, etc. like candy. Bask in the adoration of the party and accept your accolades.

Last edited:

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I'm a big fan of Land Druids.

Faerie Fire is very strong as a go to debuff spell. The new healing spirit is the best out of combat healing you can get. Spike Growth can be amazing in the right situation. Pass without trace for a stealth mission is great to have. Goodberry is arguably the best level 1 out of combat healing spell as well.

Philian

First Post
Didn't really enjoy it.

I have PHB and XGE, would a grave cleric and dream druid have synergy? Or are there any other good support builds with those two resources?

Remove ads