• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

building a bard

Rakusia

First Post
i dm for my loal gaming group, and i build characters in my spare time mostly so i have a stable of npc's and pre builds for our revolving door players. never played bards much.

some basic info we use a 96 point buy system

str +1
dex +1
con +4
int +3
wis +3
cha +5

im rocking out a human i pretty well got my skills picked out but im not sure how to pick feats. so any tips would be appreciated bout everything is allowed but id like to stick to phb if possible

Dandu

First Post
You're not going to do well in melee or archery with those scores, so I recommend focusing on skills, songs, and spells. Not much core support for those, but out of core you get things like Song of the Heart and Haunting Melody. Bard spells in the SpC tend to be better than most of your in core options.

Fallenibilis

First Post
With such a high buy i would drop your wisdom score and put the points used into either Strength or Dexterity.

Snowflake War Dance is a pretty good feat to use with a bard. and with the amount of the skills you'll be slinging around Knowledge Devotion would be fairly decent as well. Doom Speak is an another good one especially for setting up the enemy for your allies to use Save or Die/suck spells.

Fallenibilis

Fallenibilis

First Post
Oh i forgot why i told you to drop your wisdom, theres a feat that lets you use you Cha in place of Wis for you will save, its from pl;ayer handbook 2 i believe.

Fallenibilis

Dandu

First Post
yeah was thinking about feats. could you use silent spell for purely vocal spells and still be singing a song?
Silent Spell [Metamagic]

Benefit

A silent spell can be cast with no verbal components. Spells without verbal components are not affected. A silent spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell’s actual level.
Special

Bard spells cannot be enhanced by this metamagic feat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads