Building a character for kingmaker game.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Hey guys. I am building a character for the kingmaker campaign and wanted someone useful for the role play and rules of running the kingdom but also decent in the regular battles. I was going to try a combination of Warlord - Pathfinder_OGC and War Master - Pathfinder_OGC . My DM ok'd it and I like the flavor. But does anyone have a reason why it wouldnt be good for the campaign? Or perhaps some good build advice?

Derfmancher

First Post
If you know you are playing kingmaker, you might consider what you want to do for the kingdom as part of your build. (Yes the roles are defined.)

exile

First Post
I found that Perception and Survival skills were used with great frequency. A lot of action takes place outside, and exploration is hastened by way of mounts, so Ride is also a very reasonable skill in which to invest.

Derfmancher's advice is also on the spot. I played a fighter (two fighters actually; my first died) and fell naturally into the general role. Almost everything I needed to do, I could do with strength... until, toward the end of the adventure, when I wished that I had also invested a bit more in my Charisma.

Last edited:

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Hmmm.Well the warlord and warmaster while still being combat worthy classes have a lot of abilities based on charisma. They use the modifier a lot to see how much they are boosting the group . Thats why I figured they would be ok. they could fit into quite a few roles. So I will probably end up filling either a STR or CHA role.

Last edited:

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
That is what im hoping for. I dont want to try and steel the ruler role from the other players. But so far we will have a part time pali, a ninja(who already said he will be executioner or royal assassin) and a ranger(who plans on being the warden). So we are getting 2 more players but I think the warmaster will make an excellent ruler. Now I just need to figure out what to do for combat. Should I make him sword and board? Two hander? Pole arm maybe? I cant really decide...

Derfmancher

First Post
Sword and board is great if you need to keep learning combat. However its tough to go wrong with TWF. In the Evil Kingmaker campaign I am changing from DM to player in I have a Tengu Rouge/Red Mantis. The TWF is quite hardcore, particularly if you choose the appropriate weapon. I have never created a TH either, so there I am of no help. If you go sword and board I would advise against using a tower as your primary shield, but it might be worth having one just in case.

*Edit for additional information.

Last edited:

Remove ads