• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bull's Strength on a Zombie

Sammael99

First Post
Hi all !

I'm still preparing the next encounter my PCs will make in a shrine to the god of undeath, and I was wondering if Bull's Strength would work on a zombie ? It says in the spell "creature touched" and it's not a mind affecting spell, but do zombies have other immunities ?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
No problem. Now, endurance wouldn't work since a zombie has no Con score (and an Int-boosting spell wouldn't work, either). But bull's strength works just fine. :)

Heh. Empowered bull's strength is especially nifty... A player in a friend of mine's campaign once cast it on a half-orc and rolled a 4 on the d4, for a total of +5 Strength, which was then multiplied by 1.5 for Empower Spell. +7 Strength... :eek:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Darkness said:
No problem. Now, endurance wouldn't work since a zombie has no Con score (and an Int-boosting spell wouldn't work, either). But bull's strength works just fine. :)

Heh. Empowered bull's strength is especially nifty... A player in a friend of mine's campaign once cast it on a half-orc and rolled a 4 on the d4, for a total of +5 Strength, which was then multiplied by 1.5 for Empower Spell. +7 Strength... :eek:

That's nothing. My wizard Narya was very strong (15) and had a tendency to go around with a bulls strength running... A Str 20 foe casting fireballs is kinda scary (especially with 5 ranks in Intimidate, 5 ranks in Bluff, and Skill Focus (Intimidate) ;)).

Remove ads