Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
I'd settle for average right about now. After a few good rolls a loooong time ago, I've been getting nothing but bad.

I know that's how the game rolls, but it's frustrating. :)

I'm actually starting to feel bad for you guys, and I'm usually cackling away.

Maybe in the upcoming scenes you'll make up for it.

ThirdWizard

First Post
The ghouls roll a on their final check.

The end totals come out to:
Keira: +1 this round, total +4
Juno: -1 this round, total -1
Ghouls: +0 this round, total +2

The end result is that Keira follows the ghouls successfully, but Juno and group in the car are left behind and did not make it to the destination along with the others.

So, what does this mean narratively?

First of all, the chase ended in the Oakland Cemetery, rubber squealing, a few new dents in the Caddy, and several wrecks behind. Keira is right on their tail, and they're going straight into the cemetery itself.

So, you know where they were headed, but, remember, you're alone and probably not able to take on three ghouls at once.

Second of all, Juno, Malcom, and Logan are left behind. But, how did that part of the chase end? The whole time, there was a CRASH WAITING TO HAPPEN (Scene aspect), and I wouldn't be surprised if Juno's car is out of commission for a while as a result (compel - take a Fate point or give one up).

Also, those cops are going to be asking some serious questions now! But, we'll get to that in character. Just giving you a heads up that there's more to play out before we move out of the street scene.
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Let me know if you take the compel or not!

ThirdWizard

First Post
[MENTION=478]Thanee[/MENTION]
Keira will be attempting to shadow the ghouls, while keeping them under surveillance. She needs to stay hidden, but also to keep them in sight at the same time. This will require two checks for the two tasks being attempted.

The first is a Stealth check to shadow them while keeping from being spotted. This is opposed to their Alertness check. Ghouls have Good (+3) Alertness. I'll make one roll for all three: Roll of 2 (Fair).

The second check is an Investigation check. This is to make sure you don't lose them during the tail. They don't know they're being followed, but they're moving pretty fast. I'm going to set the Investigation difficulty at Fair (+2).
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=54988]Dragonwriter[/MENTION] [MENTION=6694788]Bluedevil[/MENTION]
Keira's text was sent to you guys. Well, Juno's battery was zapped by magic so it doesn't work. And, I seriously doubt a wizard of the white council would ever entertain the concept of carrying a cell phone. So, Logan got the message at least, as his phone is still working (for now - watch the wizard).

And, for everybody:

All stress is gone, and nobody has any consequences at the moment.

Just to double check, does everyone agree with me on these FATE point values for their PCs?

Keira: 2 FATEJuno: 3 FATE (+1 with car wreck, -1 without car wreck)
Logan: 2 FATE
Malcom: 3 FATE

Shayuri

First Post
Hurble. I will pay the FATE point and avoid the wreck. It's bad enough we're out of the race, I don't want to be completely out of the running. Junie's got a commute darnit. :)

Now, I should ask what it will take to get the car running again, and exactly what's the situation with the police car? Did they stop to talk to Juno, or did they continue the chase?

ThirdWizard

First Post
Buying off the compel, we'll say Juno got cut off due to a wreck ahead and got caught in traffic. You're stuck for the moment, with some cars ahead of you and behind you making any progress in the chase over. They'll clear out in a few minutes.

The police want to have a word with you. They're stuck, same as you, and they'll approach you to make sure your story checks out.

Sound good?

Remove ads