Burning Heretics (IC)

renau1g

First Post
Xavier the Bold - Human Rogue/Fighter 2/1 - 14/24hp - 18AC

Briefly crying out in pain from the strike, Xavier will think about trying to staunch the blood, but realizes that the creature needs to be dealt with first. Xavier will move 5 ft. west, following Smoothy's request and he'll attempt another two-weapon strike, activating his brute gauntlets while he slams his weapons into the creature.

[sblock=actions] Move 5ft west, activate brute gauntlets (+2 Damage for one round), Warhammer (Hit & Damage) + Handaxe (Hit & Damage) (1d20+7=27, 1d8+6=7, 1d20+7=13, 1d6+3=6), Confirming Critical (1d20+7=12), Note: I've only reduced hp by 10, due to my Iron Ward Diamond (DR1/-) if you've already included this let me know. [/sblock]

[sblock=If hit] If Xavier is hit by the creature again he'll attempt to tumble (Tumble (1d20+7=18)) and then will use the last charge on his healing belt on himself. (Healing Belt (2d8=13)) [/sblock]

Jack of Tales

First Post
Round 7

Heavily wounded, the undead begins to defend itself and move backwards. However, Smoothedcrest rushes forward and pushed it with his shield while tripping it up with his sword. It is pushed violently backwards into the wagon, which due to a broken axle is stuck fast against a nearby rock. The boneclaw crashes into it and trips over and into the wagon. It's head crashes against a crate near the back and cracks open spilling gore across the merchant's wagon.

The human guard who had been hiding behind a tree nearby runs forward cheering. "Do you realize what you just killed? This thing has been harrassing shipments for days through this area! I thought I was going to die. What can I do to repay you? The merchant is dead and I'm sure the guild wouldn't notice if you took a look at what's left over. I just want the rest of what I was owed and then I'm off back to Redtol. The roads are far too dangerous these days."

OOC: Go ahead and roll search checks of the wagon if you want to. Also feel free to ask questions of the guard before he leaves.

moritheil

First Post
Alatheil takes in the ruined wagon, the guard's torn clothing, and the damage to her comrades. Putting away her bow and arrows, she retrieves a pencil and paper, then smiles to put the guard at ease. "Well, it looks like you came out all right. You may call me Alatheil. We'd like to know what we're heading into. Could you tell us what you were carrying, where you were headed, and how this creature approached you? If it's attracted to something in your wares that would be good to know. Oh, and who was your employer? Is someone waiting for him in town?"

OOC: She's really hoping to get his name as well; she will ask that next if he doesn't feel obligated to give his name, having heard hers.

Last edited:

Bihlbo

Explorer
Lanuth dislodges his sword from the pelvis of the boneclaw, staggers back a step breathing heavily, then leans on his knees and looks up to listen to the battered guard.

"What you have done to protect wagon I see as respectable," Smoothy says with his thick accent, as he straightens up and lays a reassuring hand on the guard's shoulder. "Autur to see in your heart for this, is my hope. Mahaps travel to Redtol is on same as our roads... is on same roads as we travel. If work is not adverse, talk to our friend Felidae here. Paladin needs her squire, and protection from us in traveling makes you arrive at home safe and laden." Seeing Alatheil approach he adds, "Best discuss with her first."

OOC: It's just a suggestion, but if Felidae wants a squire, I know I'd contribute some gold to have him as a hireling.
Smoothy attemtpts to Aid Another in the Search check (1d20=16).

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Geraint Beldarane, 24/24 hp. Spells remaining 6/1

"If you would repay us, friend, be sure to mention that we are the Redtol Wyverns when you tell today's story," Geraint grins, wondering if Vincent will be happy for the free promotion, or annoyed at the extra work. "Now, are you badly hurt? Piello allows me access to some of his lesser mysteries for such times as this."

ooc: Geraint will cast CLW four times: on Smoothy for 5, Felidae for 7, Xavier for 8, and npc guard for 5.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
While the others are busying themselves with questioning the survivor, Xavier will busy himself with meticulously searching through the contents of the cart and if the undead had anything on its person.

[sblock=ooc] Take 20 on Search, 27 total [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads