Burnt-out DM needs a push. Quickly!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Mark said:
Looks like they keep working for evil guys, in one capacity or another. Maybe the locals have gotten wind of this and are tired of having evil folks squatting in their locale. Perhaps severl of the nearby goods and neutrals should band together to eliminate the party as a perceived threat (and one they should assume is weaken from their recent usurping of the dungeon.) Hope that helps a bit. :)

Yeah send in the Paladin Squad! :)

Or better yet, Paladins and Clerics. :)

Jolly Giant

First Post
Very impressed guys and gals! You sure are freindly! And quick.

I need to mention that the PCs will most likely be leaving the dungeon first thing, to go hire a cleric. They're in serious need of some restoration spells after their recent run-ins with the undeads. Also, they've decided to get some new furnishings for their new base. I'm starting to think some invader might be waiting for them when they get back there... Maybe looking for the entrance, maybe already inside...

Crothian

First Post
Jolly Giant said:

I need to mention that the PCs will most likely be leaving the dungeon first thing, to go hire a cleric. They're in serious need of some restoration spells after their recent run-ins with the undeads. Also, they've decided to get some new furnishings for their new base. I'm starting to think some invader might be waiting for them when they get back there... Maybe looking for the entrance, maybe already inside...

Or you can hit them in their weakend state. This way you can use an enemy they should not fear, but since they are weakened they could be in serious trouble.

Jolly Giant

First Post
Nightfall said:
What ever floats your boat Jolly.

I find water works best, generally... :p

Whenever we take this campaign up again, the paladin squad will definitely be appearing if they keep running errands for the bad guys...

Shallown

First Post
I would and could spend a whole session just planning and asking the players what they plan to do. Play devil's advocate and show them the problems with actually being in charge of a dungeon, Were does the food come from, do the hire guards, hire managers etc. This sort of discussion can eat up a whole night sometimes especially if every time they have the perfect plan you shred it playing devil's advocate. Sometimes players/characters don't realize that the bonuses in having a dungeon hidden somewhere is a big drawback as well.

Also a gold rush is a gold RUSH. There should be a million people around and taking over the nearby territory. What if some one lays claim to the entrance way of the dungeon. They wouldn't have to even know it was an entrance they just no those characters are claim jumping.

They may also need to buddy up to the widowed duchess for supplies and support.

Just some ideas

Later

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Nightfall said:
Yeah send in the Paladin Squad! :)

Or better yet, Paladins and Clerics. :)

Hee hee hee And make them Elves, just to add fuel for the fire. Maybe the Baroness has contacted some of the party's former family and friends and let them know how naughty they've been. Perhaps the good guys can even secretly contact the Half'Orc and try to get him to turn traitor (on the premise that the Good Elves are more concerned with clearing the good name of Elves and think of the Half-Orc as negligible.) :)

Jolly Giant said:

Or maybe the advance group of Good Elves can plant a spy/cleric in their midst, helping them somewhat with their restoration (though not more than necessary) and keeping tabs on them until the reinforcements arrive? :)

Last edited:

Jolly Giant

First Post
Shallown said:
I would and could spend a whole session just planning and asking the players what they plan to do. Play devil's advocate and show them the problems with actually being in charge of a dungeon, Were does the food come from, do the hire guards, hire managers etc. This sort of discussion can eat up a whole night sometimes especially if every time they have the perfect plan you shred it playing devil's advocate. Sometimes players/characters don't realize that the bonuses in having a dungeon hidden somewhere is a big drawback as well.

Also a gold rush is a gold RUSH. There should be a million people around and taking over the nearby territory. What if some one lays claim to the entrance way of the dungeon. They wouldn't have to even know it was an entrance they just no those characters are claim jumping.

Just some ideas

Later

And I like them!

The golddiggers are so far staking their claims further down stream. I was actually planning to use that angle about a month (game-time) from now. Great minds think alike, you know! ;)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Jolly Giant said:
Whenever we take this campaign up again, the paladin squad will definitely be appearing if they keep running errands for the bad guys...

As to that, you don't need to send an invicible force against them this time. Just send enough against them to make it interesting for their last (for a while) session. This'll help set up the "big hunt" for them (as outlaws) for when you return to DMing.

Shallown said:

Tossing in an extra, unrelated group of opportunists is just the sort of thing that is useful to keeping the PCs off balance. Maybe a formal rival of the old wizard who is low-level but has heard the Wiz is dead.

Shallown said:

She's just the right one to introduce them to the spy/cleric and maybe offer them some supplies (since this will ensure they stay put long enough for the reinforcements. :)

Last edited:

Jolly Giant

First Post
Great stuff folks. Keep it coming.

An idea just struck me. The PCs has been through the mining town twice already. If they go away to get their restoration spells and then return, going up river for the third time, possibly hauling a lot of luggage... Somebody's got to suspect them of secretly mining a wain further up-stream! The duchesses guardsmen will probably even think they're trying to 'sneak-mine' without paying for a claim! This could have potential...

Remove ads