• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Businesses saying keep the rowdy children at home.

JimAde said:
Either I have Stepford Children or people really need to get a handle on their kids.
The latter. I was pretty amused by all the complaints of "that's what kids do." Really? Mine don't, at least not when they're out. I have a funny feeling that these same complainers sure didn't get to act like that if they were out when they were kids either.

spatha

First Post
Crothian said:
I thought discriminating was illegal.
How is a sign stating "children of all ages have to behave and use their indoor voices when coming to A Taste of Heaven" discrimination?

Black Pharaoh

First Post
my son is generally well behaved when we take him out. THe worst thing he does is stand on the bencha nd try to talk to the people in the next booth, who usually talk back to him.
My wife will not tolerate him acting up and he usually gets one warning and then a trip to the car, he knows she isn't kidding and usually straightens right up. At home he even knows to go to his room on his own when he is having a tantrum.

Crothian

First Post
spatha said:
How is a sign stating "children of all ages have to behave and use their indoor voices when coming to A Taste of Heaven" discrimination?

Because you are allowing in these kids but not these kids

JimAde

First Post
Crothian said:
I don't think requiring a certain level of behavior is discrimination. That's like saying it's discriminatory to throw loud, obnoxious drunks out of a bar while the quiet, friendly drunks can stay as long as they want.

spatha

First Post
Crothian said:
No he isn't, he is allowing all kids. But to be in there they have to behave. Just like in school it is expected in class you have to shut up and behave or you are sent to the office. For this store if you don't shut up and behave you'll be asked to leave.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
spatha said:
No he isn't, he is allowing all kids. But to be in there they have to behave. Just like in school it is expected in class you have to shut up and behave or you are sent to the office. For this store if you don't shut up and behave you'll be asked to leave.

well, schools and places of business are treated very differently and have different rules.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads