• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buy your new core books for $12.91

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
DM_Matt said:
I really don't think it's right to go there and waste the dealer's time, money, and energy when you have absolutely no intention of buying the car, and are just there for the gift certificate...

Actually, it's a lot more straightforward and honest than pretending to want to buy a car. That would have wasted a lot more of the dealer's time.

Numion

First Post
DM_Matt said:
I really don't think it's right to go there and waste the dealer's time, money, and energy when you have absolutely no intention of buying the car, and are just there for the gift certificate...

It also would be pretty crappy to think the gift certificate as a discount on a 20.000 $ car (for that whats it would be if you already had decided to buy the car). It's just a compensation for test-driving, nothing more, nothing less. Independent of the test drivers intentions.

Breakdaddy

First Post
Mercule said:

I'm game for it. We're thinking about a new car, anyway. Now, since my wife is lobbying _very_ hard (read "or else the couch") for a Durango, odds are extremely slim I'll be buying a VW anything. It's a nice couch, but not _that_ nice.

Still, since the VW dealer is directly along my route to the office, I can afford to stop in and look.

Besides, as someone else said, I'm all for taking advantage of a horrendously designed promotion.

I really like my Durango, if you buy one I suspect you'll be pleased (except for your gas bills). :) On the topic at hand, Im not even sure we have a VW dealer around here, I might check into it, but I will probably just impulse buy at full price on first sight, its my way *sigh*.

yangnome

First Post
I'll do this. I'll just pull up to the dealership in my new Mazda 6s...I think they might get teh picture without me even having to explain it to them...

Mercule

Adventurer
Did this last weekend. I was going to be in the area, anyway, so I printed off the form. Showed up 10 minutes before close. I told them I hadn't been in the market for a car, but the offer got me to come look at one.

The salesman spent a couple of minutes telling me about the car while the boss stamped the form and I went on my merry way. It is a nice car, BTW. #1 in customer satisfaction for several years running. I still don't think the couch is that nice, though.

Remove ads