Bylaw--Terra Nova # 6/Season I 2011

LightPhoenix

First Post
This is one of the best half hours on TV! One just has to fast forward through the other half hour of crap. :D

I know you're being snarky, but I've found there's an element of truth to the statement.

The underlying premise of the episode was (to me) incredibly interesting - if you're starting a new society, how do you deal with the concept of murder and associating legal proceedings? Given that banishment is effectively murder by dinosaur proxy, how do you interpret justice? Is it ethical or even practical to lock someone up for life? Could you even forgive such an act as murder? Do the resulting laws apply to everyone equally? Should they?

The episode could have taken it a step further (and almost, for a briefest second, did). Can they even really start a new society? Is it possible to take a social system that is seemingly fundamentally broken and distill out the parts that work? Or should the whole system be discarded? Is there a fundamental justice, or is it defined by society?

Except while all of that and dinosaur hunting is going on, we get stupid crap like that bloody dinosaur egg or herding a dinosaur into a kill zone defined by dense jungle canopy or pointless mysterious meetings outside the fence.

There was a portion of this episode that I really liked, despite some shaky acting all around. It's a shame it was wrapped around the rest of the episode.

AeroDm

First Post
I really wanted to like this show, but I just can't. It has such an interesting premise (and a budget to support it) that I really expected them to take it in exciting directions. Instead, beginning with the second episode, it almost felt like episodes were in that mid-season filler rut where you're just buying time until your big reveal for the finale.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Show is going how I expected it to. It has some good elements and actting but thin plots and as always stupid teens.

Last edited:

Remove ads