• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bypassing Natural Armor ?

glass

(he, him)
Alpha Polaris said:
Thank you all for your inputs. This will add some variety to our arsenal.

The inflict spells are nice, we never used them but it's a nice touch. Too bad you can't dual wield wands of "inflict moderate wounds" ;) .
There is a feat somewhere that allows you do that. Unfortunately, I can't remember where. Sorry. :confused:

glass.

likuidice

First Post
Complete arcane:
Double wand wielder, allows you to activate 2 wands by burning extra charges. inefficient, but might save your backsides if you get caught out.

if you have access to psionics, then the melee or ranged touch attack feats are useful, though they require heavy investment to make proper use of (3-4 feats).
maybe a fighter with wild talent, the psionic weapon tree, and the feat that allows regaining psionic focus as a move action would be a good addition to the team, covers your lack of a tank, and a gives a way to beat high DR and natural armour.

JimAde

First Post
glass said:
There is a feat somewhere that allows you do that. Unfortunately, I can't remember where. Sorry. :confused:

glass.
It's in Complete Acane: Dual Wand Weilder. Basically you expend one charge from one wand and two charges from the other, and they both go off on your turn. Some people feel it's broken, but I haven't seen it in play.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I don't have my books here, but I think the Draconomicon had an arcane spell called "Scale Weakening" that lowers natural armor.

I'd also look for feats in there. I know there was one for ignoring some natural armor.

Alpha Polaris

First Post
JimAde said:
It's in Complete Acane: Dual Wand Weilder. Basically you expend one charge from one wand and two charges from the other, and they both go off on your turn. Some people feel it's broken, but I haven't seen it in play.

Waw ! Expensive, but sweet. I can see an Arcane Trickster make good use of this one :)

Alpha Polaris

First Post
SelcSilverhand said:
I don't have my books here, but I think the Draconomicon had an arcane spell called "Scale Weakening" that lowers natural armor.

I'd also look for feats in there. I know there was one for ignoring some natural armor.

Draconomicon has Deft Strike (spend a standard action and beat the beastie's AC with a spot check to negate natural armor (including enhancements) on your next single attack), which I mentionned earlier without naming it: it's a bit too much to negate 8-12 points of AC (now for 20 or so nat AC, I wouldn't say). But your insightful comment ( ;) ) allowed me to locate a nifty spell, Find the Gap (Asn 3, Pal 3, Rgr 3, yes, that soon would be me): once per round during 1 round/lvl, one of your melee or ranged attacks ignores armor, shield, natural armor (and all enhancements thereof) bonuses to AC. Thank you, I think I have what I was looking for. I think I will try and have this spell built into my (soon to be) +1 Chaotic Outsider Bane composite longbow, like once or twice per day, just in case.

Now allow me to hijack my own thread (and thanks again for all the good ideas in there, especially the psychic warrior cohort that I will look into), but what is the status of Manyshot wrt attack numbering ? Is it one attack, so all arrows would benefit from lower AC with the spell above, or something else entirely, so only the first arrow in the volley would find the gap ?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads