• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[C&C] Holy Smokes ... I'm REALLY Impressed!

Treebore

First Post
Breakdaddy said:
I've never thought to do this, how has it worked in your game? It hasn't unbalanced anything too terribly has it? I would consider awarding permanent styles or maneuvers if I was more certain that it wouldn't give the recipient an unfair advantage.

So far I have given them (a Paladin and a Ranger) a second attack with no roll to attempt needed. They are 9th level and were given this permanent "ability" after reaching 9th.

The only other thing they have used often enough for me to do this is Cleave. Which is no more game breaking than it was/is in 3E. Which in my opinion means it isn't.

How often did they successfully use these actions before getting the feat? 25 successful uses. Did my players know about this ahead of time? No.

The spellcasters haven't even tried, let alone succeeded, any meta magic feats for me to even consider awarding them any.

Mycanid

First Post
S'mon said:
Compared to my B/X pbem it's quite quiet, actually. :)
If you want to see how C&C works in practice, a good place to look is the orc ambush at the start, with the Rogue PC sneaking around backstabbing orcs, and the heroic escape by Garth on the slave wagon.

Will do! Thanks for bringing this to my attention S'mon! :)

rounser

First Post
For a good example of "positive promotion of C&C, without the bashing" see the latter half of this thread. I thought I made that pretty clear in my posts. Next time actually read my post before trying to be snarky.
You're waaaay off the mark; I wasn't even promoting C&C. I don't play it, only know what I've learnt from message boards about it. You're jumping at shadows. The only thing I was replying to was some sort of objectionable sensitivity that someone should dare big up something other than d20 around here, when it's not the only D&D ruleset around, and hasn't been for a while. If you're more "d20 than D&D", then I suppose you could find a thread like this objectionable. I find that a very weird viewpoint though, but if you want to find offense, you'll do so. It just says a lot about the position you hold.
Second that whole part of the discussion was dead until you brought it up again.
You replied in a provocative way to my post, so I'll reply alright. Some of us need to sleep you know. :)
So If the old lady riff was your cute way of trying to toss an insult my way close, but no cigar.
That's kind of surprising, because you're finding offense in everything else I seem to have said. Whatever.

S'mon

Legend
So, for ENW purposes, C&C is D&D, but not d20? Cool. :)

It certainly feels very different from d20 Modern/Grim Tales/Iron Heroes et al, I can see a good case that it's more appropriate to discuss C&C here than in the d20 forum.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
rounser said:
You're waaaay off the mark; I wasn't even promoting C&C. I don't play it, only know what I've learnt from message boards about it. You're jumping at shadows. The only thing I was replying to was some sort of objectionable sensitivity that someone should dare big up something other than d20 around here, when it's not the only D&D ruleset around, and hasn't been for a while. If you're more "d20 than D&D", then I suppose you could find a thread like this objectionable. I find that a very weird viewpoint though, but if you want to find offense, you'll do so. It just says a lot about the position you hold.

You replied in a provocative way to my post, so I'll reply alright. Some of us need to sleep you know. :)

That's kind of surprising, because you're finding offense in everything else I seem to have said. Whatever.

You know what? I just went back and read my inital post to you and realized that I might have been in error in laying out my post. I wasnt objecting to your quote in my post, It wa Mysteros' quote that I was refferring to. I probably should have made that more clear. Just for clarification it wasnt your quote I had a problem with it was Mysteros'. I was wondering why you seemed to jump at me out of the blue like that, now after re-reading my post I know why. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I seem to be doing this alot lately. Maybe it's time to take a break from the boards for a while...

Remove ads